Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

I didnt want to, but I HAD to.

2K views 79 replies 10 participants last post by  Bearsfirehawk 
#1 ·
Well I danced with the devil today and bought a new bike from Crazy Freddies. Heres the story. I wanted to pay 9k for the Yel/Blk 06 750 and I was asking 6k for my trade. They were giving me shit about the price of the trade and howit needed tires and yada yada yada. Well if you remember I had a deal done and they balked the next day. I never got the bike and wound up holding out. 2 days later I took a nail to my rear tire and that screwed everything up. I wound up getting new tires($300 installed) and chain. I never thought I was gonna buy a new bike this year or next. I was content. Well on Friday I heard a commercial for CF and they said 30% any new bike in stock. I went down there and it was legit. Any new 05 or 06 on the Sales floor was 30% off. They had no 6/750s at all and 4 06 1ks. They knew I was there for a 750 and gave me 20% retail. Not a bad deal. I picked up an 07 750 Blk/Gry for $9000 plus tax OTD. The bike went up 200 retail over last years so I was happy with the price. I did loose my PP 2CTs and shit, but I guess I'll try the BT014's. I will pick it up on Thursday and see how it goes from there. Pics to follow. OBTW, I paid $868 for FULL coverage on my 04 750, 07 750 is $1020. Just for shits and giggles snce the 1k was 30% off instead of my 20% I figured I would check the insurance. Same coverage as both 750's was .............................$2065. Phuck that, double for an older bike with 250 more CCs. Damm that is whack.

Reactions: Anthony D
#2 ·
congrats on the new scooter, but i hope you don't get screwed.

and :hammer for making me do all that work to your bike and then you trade it in.

#4 ·
Greg thats why I was wondering how you liked it. I loved my 04 so this better be as comfy and as awesome. Ant as far as getting screwed, the $$$ end is done, now just to make sure the bike is assembled ok. Other than that, what else is there? If the financing is anything other than 0% for 6 months, then I would be pissed. I am not that easy to roll over. I liked the change to +3, but nothing that would make me keep it. I'll have some more PPs by the spring anyhoo. More $$ for ya.

#10 ·
Damm Keith I was quite pleased with those rates. No one else but Allstate even comes close and they wont insure me. I have Full coverage with 100/300 and a $500 deduct. If you have any other places I will be more than happy to listen.

#12 ·
Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God!!! I just got the bike tonight and took it for the break in. ITS AWESOME!!!! So much better than the 04. I did the mototune breakin on my 04 and I just did the same on this bike. 26 miles and its been to 14 15k several times. The bike feels like a BMW or Mercedes, the build quality and chasis feel WAY BETTER than the 04. I can not believe the difference. I AM PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 ·
i actually liked the 014's better in colder weather than the pp's. keep your pressures low (32/30 worked well for me in the cold) and you should be okay.

#16 ·
glad your likin it bear. im likein mine more an more. im goin by the dealer tonight to set up the sag. i had it out on halloween night with some guys killin it on the highway. the bike is an animal. commin from the k3 600, this is outa control.

#20 ·
Changed the oil today took off the mud flap, and crusied around briefly. I can not believe its the same bike. Like going from a Kawi to a GSXR except I went from a Gix to a Gix.

Greg just a heads up, my bike/throttle is less jumpy/twitchy then my 04. I am not sure how the 03 were, but these are sweet.

#22 ·
Bearsfirehawk said:
Changed the oil today took off the mud flap, and crusied around briefly. I can not believe its the same bike. Like going from a Kawi to a GSXR except I went from a Gix to a Gix.

Greg just a heads up, my bike/throttle is less jumpy/twitchy then my 04. I am not sure how the 03 were, but these are sweet.
yo bear, did u do the R1 throttle mod to ur 04 750? that seemed to help mine with the abruptness but also once i got it dyned and mapped, that also helped aswell

#23 ·
I did not do the R1 throttle mod and I had no issues, I just knew it was more jumpy than my YZF600R. This new one is like a caddy or something compared to the old one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.