Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my oil in my 2001 gsxr 750. I had just finished riding it a few hours before. I changed the oil and turned the key on but it won't turn over at all. It says CHEC on the display and the high water temp light is on even tho I haven't started it up in over 2 hours. It doesn't make the beeping sound that it usually makes when I turn the key on either. It seems to me that something is telling it that there is no oil in it or that it is over heated. How can I fix this

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea its on. I had the same problem earlier with the kill switch turned off. When I realized what it was I turned it on and it fired right up. But now I have it on and it does the same thing as it does when its off

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Yeah you're right, that's symptomatic of the kill switch being off. When you thumb the starter does the headlight or any of the lights dim? I'm expecting they won't. Maybe a sensor has become disconnected when you were working on it, and that is stopping the bike from starting, if that's even possible. I don't know if there are any faults that would kill the ignition.

Do you have an alarm/immobiliser on it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I don't an alarm on it. I unplugged the battery earlier this morning to reset the ECU and it fired right up when I was done. I drove it all day but then it did it one more time. I figured I could reset it again and drive it home but it didn't work the second time. I pushed it home. I've only had it 2 days and the guy I bought it from claims to have never had a problem with it before. I'm all out of ideas now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts