Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well

this is all sorts of screwd up, I dont even know where to start.... I left work and it was stuck in 2nd and would not shift, then 1/2 way home it was stuck in 1st... so if I am not mistaken, this color on the plates are from getting the bike going from 0MPH in second gear?

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Well the steels look a little beat but Ive seen alot worse!!

they might be warped??did you try just shifting it without using the clutch??

If its stuck in any gear it probably something on the tranny,(shift fork,shift shaft,or external possible detent start,ect)it it were slipping it would be the clutch..

what kind of riding do you do?stunt/race ect?

what year size bike??

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E-Racer

It is a 1000/2001 and she has a few trackdays under her belt. No wrecks thow. Right now I triend to shift by hand while spining the rear tire, and guess what stuck in neutral.

KP-

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I was coming home from my friends house yesterday and short shifted real fast from 1-5 on my way to 6th as I pulled onto the highway. As I banged up into 5th I got a nasty cramp in my foot and couldn't shift any more myself. Well, at least for about a mile and 1/2 until I kept pushing it against the peg and stretched the cramp out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Well

this is all sorts of screwd up, I dont even know where to start.... I left work and it was stuck in 2nd and would not shift, then 1/2 way home it was stuck in 1st... so if I am not mistaken, this color on the plates are from getting the bike going from 0MPH in second gear?

if its stuck and you can not shift, most likely is the transmission like bent shift forks. if the clutch is bad, you can put in gear, give gas but it will not move. if it jump out of gear then the gear are worn out. i have had these problem before. have you tried to adjust the clutch cable yet? both top and bottom where the foot shifter is?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts