Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look a lot better than the gixxer. I still run too...

I don't recall any part of the accident but I do remember thinking "this is gonna hurt" before the lights went out...

here's the list...no bath since the 24th of august
left wrist has a plate and a pin...right wrist has two plates...both have the sutures coming out Monday and will be re-cast...broken left scapula (shoulder blade) with three broken ribs just below...

...i still have my spleen...the human body can function without it bt i'd like to keep mine. i get another xray on wednesday and a second CT scan on the 18th...it could take as long as 3 months for that to heal...or it could rupture in the next 5 minutes...and with little warning. oh well

my dear wife wants to bathe me now so i can share the same bed as her...

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad to see ya back Bro! They say what does'nt kill us makes us stronger! Hope to see ya up and riding again soon! 7 days without riding makes one weak!!!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Good to here your back at home! I've been there myself. Mine was one of those "Earth, Sky, Earth, Sky, Earth, Sky, Hospital." Before you type another word get cleaned up...You stink! Have you limped out to look at the bike yet? I will send you another set of 94 forks if you need them. Just glad to here that your up and back with us.
Bones

·
Registered
461 Posts
good to hear you are at home, and in good spirits.
are the pain killers good?(Canada is workinng on legalizing pot
).

BTW, I also had a similar incident. Chrysler, sky, chrysler, sky, ground, sky, ground, sky, medivac, hosptial.
they put a plate in my left wrist.
I was told they have to be taken out within two years or the bone will grow over the plate, and will cause problems in the future.

good luck and rest up.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Damn glad your still with us. You have been missed. I hope you heal quick. Our prayers are with ya. Now for the important stuff. Hows the bike, do you have pics, do you need parts, I gotta a load of early Gix stuff. Send me an e-mail. Tell me what ya need.
Mike (Chainrash)

·
Registered
178 Posts
good to see you typing again- or at least trying to type! hope you get well soon!

p.s.- don't go look at your bike right now, thats not going to boost your recovery!

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
glad you are still with us

let us know if there is anything we can do to help

oh and the rearsets are done, like you care now

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Glad you are home Tim, get well soon
-Karl

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Glad you're alright buddy. Best wishes for a fast and full recovery. hang in there... you'll be back to your old self in no time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good to have you back. And glad to hear that you
can keep your insides inside.

You may have to change for sig though, as I don't
think the "modified" state your bike is in now
is what you meant.

It will be no time before your bones are healed
and you are back out in the garage working on a
new beast.

Best of luck with the recovery.

Adrock.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
WELCOME BACK.............glad you are doing OK, pooooo I can smell you from here !!!

Andy

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Glad you're out of the hospital and doing well...just take your time and heal right.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Its good to hear your doing ok. I figure you wish you were doing better but considering everyting your pretty lucky. I hope you have a speedy recovery and let us know if we can do anything to help.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was looking at the RG in the garage this afternoon...oh brother am i lucky. i'm going out to the site on tuesday to see...to see that i'm really lucky.

i was told by my wife that i may want to take the next couple of years to rebuild the RG/my confidence...even if i never ride it again.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
What ever you do just take your time. The bike is not going anywhere. Take time to heal up and in time you will figure out what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
getting back on a bike will take longer the stitches... I was hit sitting at a red light (the old man said he saw me but didn't juge me speed... "like I haul ass whith me feet on the ground") I had recontructive knee surgery among a few ribs and some bad rashings but the knee was the worst! I had several bikes at the time so I was back to riding 1 week after the hack job on the knee. (oh, my leg didn't work so I put velcro on the peg and the heel of my shoe, thank god it was the brake foot!) I would call any of my freinds before I would ride over and tell them to "catch me" ~I have cool freinds~ you need to start somewhere! that spleen needs some catering to, so start on the bike, obviously you need parts! and parts is parts! make a list on the bike, some stock stuff I have is just collecting dust... and if you get back on the horse... give me a call ~I'll catch 'ya~

·
Registered
461 Posts
take your time dude.
after my second accident(first one hit a tree, second hit a Chrysler New Yorker head on at 85MPH) I did not own a bike for 7 years. In that time, I rode my friends ZX6E, and 1988 GSXR750(one rode each once).
I decided it was time to start again, ands bought the first 86-88 1100 I found, and I am not looking back.

·
Banned
982 Posts
Dont Be Scared My Pal!!!!!Everyone Bust Their Ass Sometime!!!!!!!;)You Just could'nt control Da' Beast You Made!!!!!!!"Hand Over Da' Keys You Handicap Shmuck!!!"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts