Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if a hyperpro dampner can be rebuilt or should I throw the fucker in the trash. It leaks like a son of a bitch and doesn't work worth a shit. I would be willing to get it fixed but I have heard they are known for this. Does anybody know of anywhere they can be serviced or anything?? Thanks Jason

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
take it and throw it as far as you possibly can, not worth it

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Not the first Hyperpro I've heard of leaking. I saw a brand new one leak about a month ago on the track. First time it was ever used it threw out all the oil in just a couple of sessions. The guy got an Öhlins instead - my Öhlins is from '98, is pretty scratched up and the rod is slightly bent from crashing but it's perfectly tight and works like new

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
Not the first Hyperpro I've heard of leaking. I saw a brand new one leak about a month ago on the track. First time it was ever used it threw out all the oil in just a couple of sessions. The guy got an Öhlins instead - my Öhlins is from '98, is pretty scratched up and the rod is slightly bent from crashing but it's perfectly tight and works like new

when I had one it started to leak 10 minutes after the hyperpro guy put it on my bike during the Pocono Cycle fest, they debuted them at this event and I got one of the first ones. they switched it out and two days later that one leaked, returned it and they sent me another that one lasted almost a month. it now is a permenant part of a tree after being hit with a couple shots from a 45

1 - 8 of 8 Posts