Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5,032 Posts
You want to have to finish a race/session with the bike going into a tankslapper every lap on that fucking stupid hump in middle of the fast straight? No? I thought not. If you plan to spend $ on a damper, get one you can adjust on the fly.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I too have been considering the HyperPro steering damper.

Is the "Speed Sensitive" RSC actually worth it? or is that just a marketing ploy.

I am also attempting a used item, so what stroke length fits the K5/6?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I am more of a fan of the top mount so you can like Palomartian said adjust on the fly. Go to Indysuperbikes.com they have the GPR for like 330ish. That is CHEAP seeing as how the MSRP is right at 500. Or you could try the new Pti Bull I have heard nothing but good things about them. That is what I was going to get but I got my GPR for 150.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys. I was running a GPR on my ZX6R and I loved it. I took it off when I let the bike go but I wondered if it would be better to have a stock location replacment like Hyper Pro or Ohlins. I never really adjusted settings on the fly because I found that 6 was just right. Maybe I will just get a mount kit for the GPR.......

·
Registered
329 Posts
-BROKE- said:
that pretty much a cometic thing anywasy, unless that extra 6 seconds it takes to unscrew the tank really matters to you
Yeah, i know its only for aesthetics & i do not even lift the tank...... but it matters because i paid for it. And its also only been on for less than 2 weeks....
would be a shame to let it go.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just put an Ohlins SD139 on it, they're not that expensive for the quality. The SD139 mounts the same as the OEM unit

·
Banned
885 Posts
I HIGHLY reccomend the hyperpro. A very fast buddy of mine has been fighting his geometry setup on his K5 using dunlops(notorious for headshakes), finally getting it just about right after he switched from ohlins to hyperpro. The ohlins was not damping the first 10 or so degrees of movement each way. He increased his lap times to stupid levels with the hyperpro.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did the stock oil change mod and it works great. Now Im debating Ohlins or Hyper Pro for a stock replacement down the road. I can get them both at the same cost. Which would be your choice and why?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Subhuman415 said:
I did the stock oil change mod and it works great. Now Im debating Ohlins or Hyper Pro for a stock replacement down the road. I can get them both at the same cost. Which would be your choice and why?
You will not feel a difference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.