Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of horsepower gain can you get from adding a yoshimura TRS slip on, then remapping with a power commander III. I am about to add a slip on, onto my 05 gsxr 1000. I was just wondering if anyone had a clue of the gains from the 2 mods.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i dont own a k5 but the do have a catalyst in the endpipe which chokes them up

if you do fit a free flowing pipe get it custom mapped too from what i have read - and it is quite a bit as i am looking at getting a k5 next year they respond very well to those 2 mods

i have read many claims of 8bhp with end can and remap pc3

hope this helps

(ps on my k3 - also catalysed - i got roughly 8 horse with those mods too)

·
Registered
919 Posts
... nah

a FABULOUS remap on a new slipon can net 4-5hp at the wheel. Just a new pipe can net 2-3hp (no pc3/retuning). The Yosh full systems, with power commanders, have been netting 8-9rwhp (with dyno tune) on gsxr1000s every time i've seen em on the dyno.

Bottom line - either just get the pipe (no pc3) or get a GOOD full system/pc3/dyno tune. Dont half ass it, its not worth the $$$

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Not much. I've heard anywhere between .5 to 6 or 7hp.

Anymore than that and you're talking J-force slip-on territory.

·
Registered
18 Posts
we got about 10 hp with the stock ECU and a Hindle full race system.. needed to clean up the injection with a TEKA.. no PC3 needed..

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
So i am guessing that the JForce is a better pick over the yoshi? Who makes the J Force exhaust system?
hahaha thats awesome. "who makes the J Force exhaust system"
thats like asking who makes the yoshimura exhaust system

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I got 6.6 & 2.7Ft/Lb for a total of 159.1SAE
Looking at my curve you coul just about get away without mapping it.
With just the can I got 4.7 & 1.6

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I got 6.6 & 2.7Ft/Lb for a total of 159.1SAE
Looking at my curve you coul just about get away without mapping it.
With just the can I got 4.7 & 1.6
You had the TRS slip-on on yours if I'm not mistaken yes? Are Australian bikes U.S. spec? I have a TRS slip-on on my K5 too but only maps from the DJ website are for Arrow and Micron slip-ons.

Could I interest you in a barter for that map?

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Mate, the bike is gone and I was that pissed off with the crash I couldn`t have been bothered removing the PC. I did get the can off it. I could not believe the can didn`t get a scratch. I should pick my new K5 up on the weekend and when there is about 1000K`s on it
I`ll probably put another PC on it and get it mapped. I`ll look you up and if ya still need it I`ll shoot it across to you.
I`m not going to commute on a bike again. That cager nearly killed me a couple of weeks ago and they are not going to get another chance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a Sato Race system only. Not sure How much I picked up, but it made 157.2 hp at the rear wheel with 79.6 lb ft of torque. Going to get it mapped next, hopefully good for a couple more ponies

1 - 12 of 12 Posts