Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there much difference in hp between a carbed 750 and an injected one? Do they ride alot different?

·
Registered
900 Posts
More midrange from the FI model and a bee's dick more top end. I've ridden both back to back on several ocasions and to tell you the truth the carbed bike felt more exciting in the upper rev range when it came on song. Saying this I owned a FI '98 for 41,000 km. My neighbour had a '97 both had yoshi slip ons + mid pipe. The '97 required slightly more maintenance in terms of fueling but other than that they were nearly the same.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Is there much difference in hp between a carbed 750 and an injected one? Do they ride alot different?
1) Yes, about 10-15% added power for the FI

2) Its the same bike, they ride exactly the same, only the engine is different

·
Registered
144 Posts
1) Yes, about 10-15% added power for the FI

2) Its the same bike, they ride exactly the same, only the engine is different
Ok... so lets just say a carbed 750 makes 115hp, ok?

Does that mean that a Fi 750 could have as high as about 132hp?

Highky unlikley.

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
No it does not, but you will have 5% increase on total HP as you are looking at it. But through out the whole RPM range you will find sections that have 5-15% increase in power over the carbed motor

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it will be a damn sight quicker than my 99 600? Just seen one for sale that I would like to buy. Got a friend that wants mine but didn't want to be a carbed one if there wasn't a great difference between the 600 and the 750(carbed). I would save the extra and get an injected model if I would notice the difference.

·
Registered
970 Posts
So it will be a damn sight quicker than my 99 600? Just seen one for sale that I would like to buy. Got a friend that wants mine but didn't want to be a carbed one if there wasn't a great difference between the 600 and the 750(carbed). I would save the extra and get an injected model if I would notice the difference.
You'll notice the difference with a FI bike, the engines are also more durable. With the exception of the cam chain tensioner, which is easily fixed.

I picked these because they all had similar mods.

First, a '97 600 with a yosh pipe and jet kit on street tires. The 600s made more power as time went on, but you're never going to get close to the overall power of a 750.

Next, a Carbed 750 with a yosh pipe and jet kit on street tires

Then, a FI 750 with a yosh pipe and power commander on street tires

These are all typical street bikes, nothing exceptional. If the hp correction was STD instead of SAE all the values would go up by ~5%. Race tires suck ~ 3 hp when inflated to 40 psi and maybe 5 hp at race pressure.

I'd hold out for the FI if I was buying one today. A 600 is still a good street bike, and all you really need for a track day bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Mr MW. It's just that I ve been riding a ZXR 750 for the past 8 months and the 600 feels so gutless now from 5000 upwards. My friend will be looking at the 600 tonight anyway so if he wants it I'll let him have it and get myself a 750 and see how I get on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts