Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive always wanted a carbon fiber exhaust for my 00 600 and I just picked up a new D&D carbon fiber slip on on ebay for $200 bucks new. I know im not gonna gain anything for power but how does the slip on sound. Does it hold up pretty good too. Thanks for the input... Nick

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
itll definately sound better than stock.....although stock gixxers sound damn good at that!!

not to say that it would be loud, but if all u wanted was some high end sound, you've got it!!

keep it polished to maintain its shine (yes i know its carbon)

scott

·
Registered
243 Posts
man.... I was selling the same Full system for less than 400 bucks.

why don't you see my post :)

hay man if you want to make yours a full system, i can sell you my mid pipe and header :)

D&D's are loud but I do think D&D kills your low end torque, but it helps abit for your top rev. but for a slipon, it's the sounds or noise more than performance, but at least it makes your riding safer because even the guys 1 km away could hear you

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a D&D on my 750 when I bought it, and damn!! I didnt really get any performance out of it but it sure sounds awesome. I think its a lot deeper than the RS-3(which I now have). You'll enjoy, Give it a ouple thousand miles and they just keep getting louder. I had one on an FZR 600 and it was one of the louder bikes in town. Didnt sound like a 600. Enjoy the noise bro!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah, they really sound good, and aren't made as badly as Vance and Hines thank God! I don't have one, but can attest for riding a bike with one, and you'd be best off going with say Micron, Yosh, Akrapovic, or some others like that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I liked mine on my CBF 600 F3.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have the same D&D can on my 2001/750 and man that thing has like a nice crackling sound when you wack the throttle,I paid $200 for mine used and I cant conmplain it works for me, until i get the money for my full "AKRAPOVIC"!!!!!!!....enjoy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts