Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somewhat of a comon sense question but....how do you install frame sliders?..when i take the bolts out of the motor mounts..is the motor going to fall a little bit..i know stupid but..is it? and the sliders i got are made by Diamond powersports..they came with a couple little pieces of foam do i use them or not...i dont see what they are for but i dont know...

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
+1, It won't fall... I'm not sure about the foam... Something specific to those sliders... If it was included, it's probably for something... Also, don't forget to torque them to the right specification... Those are engine mounting bolts there...

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
The motor won't fall but it would not hurt if you put something under to keep it from shifting a little. Happened to a friend of mine, know he has stripped threads in the head, but it's still holding.

·
Premium Member
6,254 Posts
yeh do it one at a time the foam is prolly just to protect them inside the package and if ur motor does fall then it sucks for u! lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
So u guys are saying the frame slider bolts also act as motor mount bolts cause when I first got my bike the frame sliders were gone and there were no bolts in there because mine just screwed right in?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
That doesnt sound good! Well, on my 99 750 yeah, the frame slider bolts also go into the heads. Maybe on the K1 the mountin points for the sliders are not motor mounts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts