Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive found out my fairing is rattling where it sits on top of the headlight i know im going to need to cover the rattling surfaces with something to stop the rattle. Just wanting some ideas for how to do it before i rip the whole front to bits.

Cheers Tim

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,146 Posts
Tightening wouldn't necessarily stop it from buzzing at certain engine speeds. Have you tried putting a hand on the wind shield and applying some pressure while there's buzzing, to see if it will stop?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tightening wouldn't necessarily stop it from buzzing at certain engine speeds. Have you tried putting a hand on the wind shield and applying some pressure while there's buzzing, to see if it will stop?
Yea mate i just took the windscreen off n went for a ride and my rattle has gone so its definitely the screen. I just need a way to insulate the contacting surfaces to stop the buzzing.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,146 Posts
What sort of fasteners do you have, fixing the windscreen to the fairing? The well-nuts normally used should take care of that, if properly installed. Their top, rubber washer-like surface is supposed to go between the fairing and wind shield, which should dampen any vibrations and you should also have relatively soft/flexible washers to go under the screws on the top side of the shield. They also shouldn't be tightened down too much, just enough to get the well-nut to bulge.

That said, they can still rattle, depending on their quality. An aftermarket set I got a while ago, had relatively thin surfaces and kept buzzing, until it stopped for some reason. Try making sure they're properly installed, and varying their tension and see if that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts