Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay call me a dumbass but I'm ill now lol. I bought a hid projector with the angel eye from Sportbike lites and I have to remove the headlight assy to take it apart and install the projector. My problem is I can't get the damned headlight assembly out of the fucking bike.:cursing:banghead I have almost taken apart the whole front clip but it's still holding on to something. Is there an easy way I just don't know or am I just doing it wrong? Please help. Thank you and Merry Christmas lol

·
Dumbass
283 Posts
Theres 2 hex screws on the clock/fairing bracket either side of clocks un screw those then unclip left and right fairing undo speedo with the small allen key bolt pull off speedo disconect all wiring including turn signal connections under neath speedo....should take 30mins or so if you are real carefull like me..........took mine off last week and it was a fiddly job

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the headlight out of my 600 k8 yesterday and i did the same. just kept on pulling off component after component until the whole thing was on the floor. i wish i knew a clever trick to get it out easy. oh well done now.

·
Dumbass
283 Posts
YEP thw whole front end has to come off to get at the head light assembly

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
yea the front end is built around the headlight. gotta take it all off

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Once you do it once or twice, you can pull the 2 bolts holding the front clip, pop the 2 plugs, pretty quickly. Then go get comfy somewhere to work on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Okay call me a dumbass but I'm ill now lol. I bought a hid projector with the angel eye from Sportbike lites and I have to remove the headlight assy to take it apart and install the projector. My problem is I can't get the damned headlight assembly out of the fucking bike.:cursing:banghead I have almost taken apart the whole front clip but it's still holding on to something. Is there an easy way I just don't know or am I just doing it wrong? Please help. Thank you and Merry Christmas lol
once you've done it a few times its easy. take the cluster surround plastic off ,then remove the guage cluster . then you have access to the fairing stay/mirror mnt. take the upper fairing bolts/push rivets out then remove the fairing stay bolts. then everythings free so you can unplug connections and remove the entire front clip. thats the easiest way to do it. the other way you're gonna have a pile o parts on the garage floor not a complete clip.
have fun.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
once you've done it a few times its easy. take the cluster surround plastic off ,then remove the guage cluster . then you have access to the fairing stay/mirror mnt. take the upper fairing bolts/push rivets out then remove the fairing stay bolts. then everythings free so you can unplug connections and remove the entire front clip. thats the easiest way to do it. the other way you're gonna have a pile o parts on the garage floor not a complete clip.
have fun.
On the K7 you can just reach in & remove the 2 bolts. There's not a lot of room but you can do it, even with my XXL mitts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
On the K7 you can just reach in & remove the 2 bolts. There's not a lot of room but you can do it, even with my XXL mitts.
didnt know that friend i'm always on a customers bikes not mine so i'm super careful not to scratch em. the new ones,09-10 are even more complex. but still better than 08+ busa's. those fairings/upper are a real bitch.
hope this helped ya

1 - 10 of 10 Posts