Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 98 gix 600. I was wondering how exactly the rear section comes off. I took off the 2 bolts on the sides by the srad stickers.. the 2 underneath and the 2 on top.. Is there clips or something in ther holding the rear section on?? Or is there other hidden bolts I cant find?? Any help would be appericated.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by Six00 Nick:
Hello, I have a 98 gix 600. I was wondering how exactly the rear section comes off. I took off the 2 bolts on the sides by the srad stickers.. the 2 underneath and the 2 on top.. Is there clips or something in ther holding the rear section on?? Or is there other hidden bolts I cant find?? Any help would be appericated.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There is 2 whatcha ma callems on each side of the tail section, near the seat, carefully pull the side outward, and it should pop off..

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
theres a couple phillips screws, in front of the tail light(on the bottom), and a couple more in the front of the plastic right behind the seat that allow you to split the tail section for removal..

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Remove your seat and the pillion seat or cowling. Then u'll see where everything is.

U'll see the attachments mentioned above. U just reach in there and push them out, or conversely, pull on the fairing and it'll slip out.

KaTz

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks spongebob... I saw them there but didn't think that they were necessary to take off.. Those were the bolts I was missing. Thanks -nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts