Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, just bought 05 600 and want to replace the fronts w/ flush mount blinkers. can i please get a step by step on which fairings to remove to get to stock blinkers? the top/front fairing has these clips underneath that arent a phillips or flat access. it looks like just a tab...didnt want to take off and break by accident..so any info or help is much appreciated. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It's pretty easy amigo.

Just remove the tabs by pushing in the center of them with a screw driver until they "pop:" then just slide them out. They are re-usable.

You should be able to remove the lower nose fairing (all black, underneath the upper fairing) and then reach underneat and disconnect the cables to the signals.

There's then a plate that the blinkers attach to to keep themselves to the fairings, I can't remember what you use (either phillips/flat head) to loosen that.

then you're golden.

·
Registered
814 Posts
which flush mount you going to use? I want to do the same thing on my 750 once I find a set of FM I like

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's pretty easy amigo.

Just remove the tabs by pushing in the center of them with a screw driver until they "pop:" then just slide them out. They are re-usable.

You should be able to remove the lower nose fairing (all black, underneath the upper fairing) and then reach underneat and disconnect the cables to the signals.

There's then a plate that the blinkers attach to to keep themselves to the fairings, I can't remember what you use (either phillips/flat head) to loosen that.

then you're golden.
thanks for the tip partner...ill have it on in no time

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
which flush mount you going to use? I want to do the same thing on my 750 once I find a set of FM I like
im using LP clear w/ amber bulb...cost 15.99 kinda a rectangular/circle style...shld look tite if it fits in the hole...we'll see

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually, if the 04's and 5's are the same then there is a bolt built into the stock signals that are held into the fairing by a small nut. I'm not real sure of the size, but they come off pretty easy with a pair of pliers. Good luck!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Everyone seems to use those huge ass Lockhart Phillips "flushmounts" like Gimpsta has, and I think they look horrible HUGE!!! I use diamonds, they kinda fix into the holes, but everyone out here run's them and I think they look sweet:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts