Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2001 GSXR 2001 K1
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to fix the issue with 01 models that is discussed in this thread from a while ago transmission stuck in gear - couldn't shift...fixed and need to remove the clutch basket to fix it.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting

I am new to motorcycles in general. I have already watched some videos on how to remove the clutch basket from the bike and it seems pretty simple, except in none of the videos did anybody run into this problem:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Locking hubs
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to remove the outer part of the clutch basket with this notch in the way, I'm not even sure how this clutch basket could have been put into this transmission in the first place. Any info would help.

· Registered
2001 GSXR 2001 K1
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That's what i thought i would have to do but i couldnt find anything in my garage earlier that could get in there. I ended up finding out if i shook the basket up and down the little bit i could that it slowly slid the center bearing up enough to grab. So i pulled it out with a pliers using a shop rag to pad it. Dont like using pliers on things like bearings but luckily it didnt scratch it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.