Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it might seem really ghetto to you guys
but I really liked the way it sounded on my FZR 600.

Just wondering if any of you have removed the baffles from the stock cans on the 88-89's. If so, how?

thanks. Unless someone wants to buyt hem off of me.

thanks, ronnie

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Forget it. Dump the 200 ton standard system and get yourself a decent 4-1 race system. Put some decent filter and jet it up.........reduce the front sprocket from 15 to 14 teeth and you are sorted.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Andy is right... and it's not so much that it's "ghetto" but that removing the baffles out of stock cans can actually make your engine run *worse* ...even if it does sound better. I dunno which bike you have, but if you're looking for a bargain-basement deal, Dennis Kirk has a sale on the old Kerker 4-1 complete systems for the oil-cooled 1100's for less than $250. Probably not the best-performing system, but they *do* sound good (I used to have one on my `86 750 GSXR). Keep this in mind too... if you destroy the baffles, it's only gonna make it tougher to sell the OEM exhaust.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you guys are right, that was a kind of a spur of the moment post there.

I'm just keeping my eye out for some used exhaust for now as i'm saving the pennies for a 11 swap.

If you guys see any, gimme a shout, thanks.

ronnie

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
God I must be in a good mood today, fastcat.

I just gave you 5* for agreeing and it's sunday morning here !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up on the header, putting my bid in now. I know that 750 header won't work, that's why I'm looking for ghetto exhaust till i save enough pennies for the 11 motor.

I'm going to look up that other thread now.

thanks, ronnie

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andy James:
God I must be in a good mood today, fastcat.

I just gave you 5* for agreeing and it's sunday morning here !
<hr></blockquote>

LOL Maybe I should be more agreeable more of the time? Thanks Andy... BTW, I gave you 5* some time ago just because I like your paint-job on that old beast.

Ronnie: If you're gonna do the 7-11 swap, you realize that you're gonna hafta get *another* exhaust system for the 1100 motor, right? The 1100 motors are taller than the 750's and the 750 headers won't fit the 1100 motors. There was another thread somewhere though where someone mentioned having an 1100 header on a 750... he said that it interfered with the lower fairing a little, but otherwise it worked. Food for thought. Also, just FYI... there *is* a V&H stainless 1100 header on Ebay right now with only a little time left before the bidding closes... last time I looked it was going for like $75.

correction... there's 3 hours left and it's at $80 now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1806153236

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: FastCat ]</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts