Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a new set off nissin's on my bike and there bone dry,wondering how to put the brake fluid in correctly without having air in em.thanks -mike

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
This is easiest when you have a buddy helping so buy a twelve pack,fill the resevoir with brake fluid,slip an 8 mm wrench over the bleeder nipple,put a peice of clear poly tubing over the nipple and place tube into an old mayo jar.pump the front brake lever 6-8 times and have your helper crack open the nipple ,right before the brake lever contacts the clip on have ypur buddy close the nipple,repeat this a few billion times until there is no air bubbles in the line, and you're done.Its best to start with the caliper furthest from the master cylinder and then do the one closest,eventually the lever should have a nice firm feel when squeezed.also check the dowels that the brake pads slide on,if they are worn or nicked replace them, that can cause binding and restrict movement of the pads.I purchased a brake bleeder a few years ago called a mighty bleeder for about forty bucks,its simple to use and I can do my front,rear,and clutch cylinders in about 20 minutes....have fun

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Shit ,I forgot to tell you to keep an eye on your fluid level while bleeding,dont let the level drop below the low mark on the fluid resevoir and top it off when done...sorry about that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts