Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '02zuk1k. I am presently -1front with 169rwhp. But I presently weigh in at 230lbs. I am being pulled on by 2 guys weighing 141 and 120lbs. They both have zuk1k's with 150-155rwhp with stock gearing. When we hit in second I jump out about a bike length but when we switch to third they pull on me and keep pulling every gear thereafter. Someone told me that even though it does not sound right but if I go -1 front and +2 rear I should not lose top end and still have that pull at low and mid range. Is this true? If not do you have anymore suggestions on what I can do to even out the acceleration of the bikes with the gearing? I am not adding Nos to my bike either. I am trying to accomplish having at least the same pull or acceleration as the 2light guys and let our skill of riding be the deciding factor. We run a 21 mile course that we stay on top end with a few nice long curves that one can take at top end as well.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Exhaust or PC??? Maybe you have some dips in your power delivery somewhere??? Wouldn't hurt to go up 2 in the back with a lighter aluminum sprocket you will also reduce some unsprung weight. I went up 2 on my K1 1000 and my bike pulled to 190mph on the dyno. If you loose alot of top end go back to the stock front sprocket and keep the new rear +2.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You are never going to win, the ZX10 has a close ratio gear box, never mind your extra weight.
In a gear for gear roll on you will lose, except in 1st&2nd, you need to be a gear down...

Select a starting speed to begin your roll-ons you then choose whichever gear you think is best and.... bingo not much difference...apart from the weight....

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
What was I thinking?
So it's not a gearing problem and it's not a hp problem it's a weight problem.
Unless you are squatting & deadlifting in the 405lb's it's time for a diet or makeup with extra cc.
You are mad because your 120lb girlfriend beats you...

"we stay on top end" if that means you are at redline in sixth gear then gearing down will reduce your max speed.
News flash to the guy that pulled 190mph on the dyno with +2 in the rear: 'BS.'

·
Premium Member
73,386 Posts
we have told you this in all of your previous threads, and i will reiterate:

YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!

i apologize for being so blunt, but you don't seem to want to listen. to make up for the extra 100lbs. you have, you would need a bike making at least 195rwhp. forget the gearing, since you will only be losing top end. i am -1, +2 on my 03 1k, and my top speed is around 167 or so. i will be going back to stock gearing this year, since i want to be able to go faster.

forget all the other mods, and go on a diet. otherwise, stop racing these guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.