Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am currently removing the original fairing of my GSXR750 K3 and adapting a race fairing. The problem is the following, how/where can I put my original speedo and especialy my rpm meter without the headlight bloc.

How did you do? I am looking forward to see pics of your mounting device.

Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
GP Tech, Graves, Vortex, and a few others make a race fairing stay that has mounting points for the stock instruments.

Graves

GP Tech

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
The GP Tech fairing bracket worked great for my '01 750, as it should yours. The replaceable ears were way convenient too.

The GP Tech sucked a dead monkey's ass for my '03 R6 . . . for that I've gone with a Graves (but it doesn't have replaceable ears).

Here's some pic of the GP Tech on the '01 750:

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Gecko, what did you use to fasten the upper to the fairing stay?
On the 750, I used zip ties . . . they worked really well.

On the R6, I'm going with the new Graves Quick-Release Plugs. I haven't tried to mount the stuff yet . . . I'm just hoping the Graves bracket works on the R6 or I'm screwed for this weekend.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Gecko, what did you use to fasten the upper to the fairing stay?
On the 750, I used zip ties . . . they worked really well.

On the R6, I'm going with the new Graves Quick-Release Plugs. I'm just hoping the Graves bracket works on the R6 or I'm screwed for this weekend.
I was trying to decide whether to use zip ties or dzus fasteners.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
dzus fasteners work good.,
Clip on or rivet type? Long fasteners or short?
With zip ties you don't have to worry about that shit. Plus when you crash, the zip ties don't crack/break the race plastics where they attach, the ties just flex or snap (and I unfortunately know first hand a few times now). While I got the trick Graves fasteners for the R6, I may just use the zip ties again.

And yeah what Dave asked . . . when is your first race going to be???

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
dzus fasteners work good.,
Clip on or rivet type? Long fasteners or short?
With zip ties you don't have to worry about that shit. Plus when you crash, the zip ties don't crack/break the race plastics where they attach, the ties just flex or snap (and I unfortunately know first hand a few times now). While I got the trick Graves fasteners for the R6, I may just use the zip ties again.

And yeah what Dave asked . . . when is your first race going to be???
Well, due to work, I will not be able to make it up this coming race weekend. I probably couldn't have the bike ready anyway since I am working 12 hour days.

I am going to try my hardest to get up on May 5th for the 4 hour practice session. The weekend of May 14 and 15 will be my first race weekend. I am going up on the 12th to do the Thursday practice and the Friday practice the next day....Then it's off to the races on Saturday

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
and Gecko did you get it yet ?
Graves bracket ordered on Friday and it arrived Monday morning (regular shipping too!).

Heading over to BigT's tonight to see it it does the trick. Then on to the throttle cable clearance issue and tank replacement . . . and, and, and . . . .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.