Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

This may be a silly question, but these high performance bikes often require very much detail.

I need to use my bike within an hour, and i have removed the radiator. and now i am putting it back on.

I mix water and cooling flued 50-50. Do i just pout it in below the tank, where the cap is?? Do i need to fill the reservour below the back seat? Do i need to pay special attention to how much i pour in, or till it's full?

This post may be poorly spoken, but i'm stressed for time

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I would fill the radiator until all the air bubbles out,then I would fill the overflow tank to the full mark.Take the bike out for a ride and get it up to operating temperature,when you get home check the overflow tank if the fluid level is below the low mark bring it up to the full mark,now you"re done

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Hey!!!

You have to pull the Gas Tank first to get the Coolant in,there's a pressure cap just like a car there, After your initial fill then you can "add" alittle coolant to keep the level right.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I thought that the fill cap was relocated in 95(usa model) to the right side of the fairing.What year bike is it???My 94 has the pressure cap/thermostat under the tank thank god I only have to change the coolant once a year,do plugs at the same time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts