Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have gsxr 1000 k9. Its full stock with 2400 mile. I have already race against S1000rr, this bmw is the winner of my town .
In our race i was happy that at start i was in first place but after 160km/h s1000 pushs harder and he is winner. This result gives me some motivation to spend money on my stock gixer to make it faster than this s1000rr to take first place in town.

Now i am interested if i will make some tunning without engine work. is it possible to be faster than this s1000rr ? Or i will waste my money but its impossible to make gixxer faster than s1000rr ?

So if its possible to be faster than BMW give me steps what to do :)
My oppinion
1) FULL exhaust yoshimura z77
2) air filter [email protected]
3) power commander 5

I am not experianced in tuning and i need your advices but first i want to know if it gives me chanse to be faster than s1000

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
You can do head work/cams/full exhaust and tune it, and that should do it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to avoid headwork becouse it costs expencive and so without headwork its impossible to be faster than stock s1000rr ?

·
Super Moderator
14,992 Posts
I don't think a simple pipe and tune will cut it. By all accounts that thing is very fast. Might want to wait for the new liter Gixxer and build off of that platform.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
I am trying to avoid headwork becouse it costs expencive and so without headwork its impossible to be faster than stock s1000rr ?
You want to be faster, you have to pay the money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for information. Full exhaust system . Air filter . Power commander does not increase my HP or Torque at all ? Then why people do the tuning if it does not increase performace ?

·
Super Moderator
14,992 Posts
Thanks for information. Full exhaust system . Air filter . Power commander does not increase my HP or Torque at all ?
This must be your first bike. For that reason we can't help you anymore. Sell it and by a violin. :serious:

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Thanks for information. Full exhaust system . Air filter . Power commander does not increase my HP or Torque at all ? Then why people do the tuning if it does not increase performace ?
No one said that. English not your first language?

It won't give you enough power to pull a S1000RR. It'll make you a lot closer to a stock one, you may even out accelerate it, but top end the BMW will inch by.

Learn to live with it if you can't afford headwork and cams as well as a full system, or get an S1000RR, if you can afford it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now i am going to buy air filter and full exhaust system but in my country there is not dynojet and does exhaust and air filter needs to reprogram ecu ? Or i can just add exhaust system and air filter and thats all ?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I built my L3 1K so I could hang with the Gen4/5 10R's and all S1KRR's. You will need at least 190rwhp. Pipe/tune/bolt-on's will net you 170rwhp +/-.
You'll need engine mods,I had a very good head with Web Cams,thin headgasket,pipe,PCV,BMC filter and a good tune.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
You think so?
Then you'd be wrong.:dissapointed
Disagree... I forgot to mention, camshaft, ECU tune (fuel adjustment and increase REV limit) , exhaust and maybe, valve springs... I don't know about you, but i can do it myself... Power difference between these bikes is what? 10%, 15%? Pretty easy for me actually

1 - 20 of 111 Posts