Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2007 gixxer 750. I've put about 500 miles on it in the last teo weeks. Today I stopped at the pump, filled up, and as soon as I turned the key to on I got an FI light. I came home pulled the code (-C00) which makes me happy, but now I cant get the FI or red light to go away. I tired searching it and havent found a cure. I've turned the bike on and off, pulled the neg on the battery for about 10 min and it still wont go away. Any suggestions?

·
I killed Biggie and Tupac
6,053 Posts
Did u Check the code with the bike running? If the light is flashing something is wrong. The FI light will turn it's self off when the prob is fixed.

·
6,053 Posts
That's the tps adjustment. C00 means no codes.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The FI warning should reset when the ignition is turned off. You can only retrieve the code while the FI warning is showing i.e. see FI, do NOT turn bike off, jump the correct pins and you will get the code.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
koo koo, I just adjusted my TPS so that the - mark is now in the middle. We'll see if that gets rid of the FI light.

I read that some people are adjusting it so that the - is barily moved to the top. Will the FI light stay on with this adjustment? If so, what wires are they/you cutting to get the light to go away?

·
6,053 Posts
If u have an FI light u should have a code. It won't throw a code for ye tps adjustment to my knowledge.

Is the FI light flashing while ur riding? Or is there just a red light?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The red light is solid and the temp dislay flashes between FI and the engine temp. When i pull the code it reads - up high followed by C00. after approx. 2 seconds (when the engine idols lower) it reads - in the middle followed by C00.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,670 Posts
Once it reads FI, you cannot shut down the fuel injection system or it will reset the code. If nothing else, put it in dealer mode and ride it until it happens again.

I'll bet a cold beer it's C46

·
Registered
304 Posts
yep, the light will only clear when the issue is solved. you still have a functioning exhaust valve/ set? you can take it out of the ecu connections ( the black one ( there is a grey one also) the black wire with the brown stripe, ( hold the black plug with the locking tab facing down, top row 5 slot.).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dude I have the exact same problem. Posted it up a few weeks bak and was told it was probly the tps or set valve adjustment. I already adjusted my tps to the high position and that worked well with throttle control. However, i still have the fi light on so tomm I will attempt to adjust the set valve in accordance to the sticky on this section. Hopefully that will turn it off cuz it annoys the heck outta me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try and free up the SET valve with a screwdriver. That's what I did before I removed it to get rid of the FI code. It is simply out of adjustment and not able to perform the full travel pre-start procedure.

·
Registered
241 Posts
F1 light (error code C46) means Exhaust Control Valve Actuator fault, I believe it started with Exhaust Butterfly Valve defect which is controlled by the actuator. It may also due to the wrong adjustment of the cables. On my bike, I removed the butterfly valve but kept all the cable, actuator and pin 30 in the ECU and that the F1 light is not appearing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If u have an FI light u should have a code. It won't throw a code for ye tps adjustment to my knowledge.

Is the FI light flashing while ur riding? Or is there just a red light?
I have a 02 gsxr1000. My f1 light stays on after start up but when I put it in dealer mode no code. Just the coo code with a line before it at the top right in front of it. Not in the middle or bottom like I've seen. Can someone help me knw what that means.

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,776 Posts
Lane 615...if you post in the correct section for your 1000, you'll get a better response than in a 10 year old dead 750 thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts