Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 171 Posts

·
The Bike Picture Game
2,185 Posts
Good write up, your write ups always seem to lead to other topics lol but thats a good thing. Since we are talking about chain lube Joe, I have been using this stuff on my chain, its pretty sticky stuff and seems like it picks up to much sand and grit around the rubber chain guide. Is that teflon stuff your using a little less sticky?

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The teflon stuff isn't sticky at all, it dries to a film - you spray it on and then let it sit for, what, 15 minutes to dry?
If that. I t just leaves a slick film, but wont attract any dirt really on a chain.

·
One of the Jersey Boys
1,013 Posts
I use the green side. It takes off any caked on crap and it does not scratch the surface at all.

Yeah, thats what I used with some Simple Green. Sprayed them down with brake cleaner first. They cleaned up easy. I bought new seals since I was in there. 1 was kinda funny shaped.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I use the green side. It takes off any caked on crap and it does not scratch the surface at all.

I know this isn't relevant to the topic, but my girlfriend was reading this over my shoulder, and when I scrolled to the post above, she goes "go figure, guy has to post a picture of a kitchen sponge so the other guys will know what the hell he's talking about". I lol'd.

Then I told her to get back in the kitchen.

:lol:lol

·
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché
4,047 Posts

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Not litterly on it, as in they dont belong PLAYING on it like we do :D. :wacko. There is not a laptop in most kitchens :chucks

·
4,047 Posts
Not litterly on it, as in they dont belong PLAYING on it like we do :D. :wacko. There is not a laptop in most kitchens :chucks
Classy stuff :lol

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Says the guy whos wife is on this very site :facepalm :D

I tell her to get in the kitchen all the time. She rarely listens though :dissapointed.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
lmao at that pic. Exactly how it happens.

/hijack

·
4,047 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts

If they weren't PLAYING on it, then we wouldn't be playing on it either. wink wink, nudge nudge.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Tried this method today and it worked great. I was able to find the dry teflon spray at my local lowes. There's a lot of improvement. My front wheel has much more rotations when I spin it before it comes to a stop. I accidentally popped one of the pistons out but all was good. It did cause a little air to get in the lines but I just did a quick purge (I have speed bleeders and they pretty much are a MUST!!) and all was good. Thanks for the write up!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Okay, Joe (or anyone else), I got a problem. I previously cleaned my calipers before without issue. Today, issues! :banghead

I pulled the right caliper, inspected it and it wasn't that dirty, just a thin ring of grime. With a toothbrush, I cleaned around all of the pistons and inside the caliper with liquid soap and water (same as I used before). I pushed all the pistons back and pumped the brakes and only the top two moved. If I hold the top two pistons in, the lower piston on the inside of the rotor will move, but the other lower piston moves at a much slower pace. I repeated the cleaning and rinsing process several times, but still the pistons aren't moving at the same rate.

Help, please! Could it be as easy as using dry teflon to lube the pistons (I'd have to go buy it)? I really don't want to go through the hassle of pulling the whole caliper apart unless there isn't another option.

41 - 60 of 171 Posts
About this Discussion
170 Replies
37 Participants
hmlugov
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing