Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to buy parts?

How can I buy parts from someone 3500 miles away?
And protect myself?
I feel wierd sending a total stranger $$$, with no way to get it back, if the sellers a flake, or lyer, or misrepresented the deal.
Thanks Jim

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Re: How to buy parts?

ebay..? I don't trust it..

buying from a memeber of a site like here..? make sure the seller has been around..usually I'd stay away from New members that join only to sell something.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Can I ask for a referance from a moderater? Re: your earlyer question. This site or any
other site.
Alot of people have 'hot', popular' parts, hard to find, EZ to move.
One fellow wanted his money up-front.
Told me if I didnt send him Western Union, the parts where gone, because he had another buyer. (Red flag)
He was really pushing for the sale, a month ago, then he vanished.
Reappeared after 7 E-mails.His voice mail on his cell was full (Red flag)
I called his house (lucky me, I got a home number) I left a message with his wife, no response. (another red flag)!
He wants my money, and Im supposed to trust him, yet, he doesnt show the same, by not sending the parts, in 'good faith'. (red Flag)!
This person has posted alot of adds on another site.
So, now you see why Im so shy about trusting a stranger.
Regards~ Jim

·
Registered
16,168 Posts

Can I ask for a referance from a moderater? Re: your earlyer question. This site or any
other site.
Alot of people have 'hot', popular' parts, hard to find, EZ to move.
One fellow wanted his money up-front.
Told me if I didnt send him Western Union, the parts where gone, because he had another buyer. (Red flag)
He was really pushing for the sale, a month ago, then he vanished.
Reappeared after 7 E-mails.His voice mail on his cell was full (Red flag)
I called his house (lucky me, I got a home number) I left a message with his wife, no response. (another red flag)!
He wants my money, and Im supposed to trust him, yet, he doesnt show the same, by not sending the parts, in 'good faith'. (red Flag)!
This person has posted alot of adds on another site.
So, now you see why Im so shy about trusting a stranger.
Regards~ Jim
JIm..if you notice, on this site, there's a Ratings forum..which allows GDC members to post re: good or bad sellers...you could always discretly inquire about a seller to a mod, or a longtime regular...The SOP is, the buyer pays up front for the goods, and the seller ships upon arrival, or when a check clears a bank..ect..

It's a buyer beware type of thing...best of luck in your purchase...

By the way, 99.99% of riders have nothing but discust for thieves who sell hot parts...I visit a few MC sites...depewnding on what your looking for, I could recomend someone to ya..?

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts

If you're feelin' red flags about it, back away from the deal. Go with your instincts. Unless it's a real rare part you just gotta have, and he's the only one with it, and you decide whether it's worth a 'gamble', knowin' you might lose your money on it. Depends on how much money you're talking about.

When I first joined up here, a member offered up a solo cowl. I was the new one, and had never bought anything on eBay or private through online deals. From pms and emails, I got a good feeling about it and in the end, it worked out great. It was a good enough price, for a mint cowl that matched my bike, I took a chance.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts

There is a sure fire way to eliminate the possibility of being scammed.... It will cost you a little extra though... Go through a third party escrow service... Make sure it's one the YOU have researched and picked, or at least one that others have used or is a big name... Don't let the seller pick one you've never heard of...
Basically you set the deal up through the escrow service... YOU send the money to the escrow service... When THEY have the money, the notify the seller and he ships the goods... Only AFTER you receive the goods and tell the escrow service it's okay, do they then send the money to the seller. If you don't get the goods, or they are not as described, you send back the goods, and the escrow sends you your money back.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

The more you buy on the internet the lest leery you will be. I have a good feeling about certain circumstances, so I feel good about my instincts. I have bought one bike and a whole set of new plastics over the internet which included some pretty good chunks of money, but I set myself up NOT to loose it all. Talk to the seller over the phone and get whatever information you need to get a fuzzy feeling about it. I have only been burned by one person with all of my years of buying/selling stuff....... and they lived about ten minutes from my house!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts