Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and ride a Harley Davidson Sportster since two years. Now I'd like to buy a second bike that will be different! A GSXR1100!

I read all your postings about buying a used bike. But i'd like to know if there are some mechanical problems with these beauties??? I saw 2 GSXRs for sale ... one from '88 and the other from '89. Both have around 45'000km (30'000miles) on the clock. Prices are in the $2000-2500 range.
Is there anything negative to say about GSXRs? Mechanical, frame, breaks etc.
Thanks a lot for your help in advance!
Danielle
100% Swiss Girl

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
4ShowNot4Speed said:
does high milage mean anything other then it has been ridden a lot.....
If proper maintainence has been performed, it shouldn't be a concern...but if people overlook valve adjustments, oil changes, etc., then you could be looking at a $3000 high-speed bomb.

-=bmacd=-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fraggle,

As someone who is looking to get back into riding a bike I can tell you that your articles written here are excellent. GIves you a lot to think about as well as what to look for when you go to buy your bike. Thanks for the time

·
Registered
14 Posts
DO you think its better to buy one in the winter time, would the prices and availability differ. Lookin, for a 04 1000

·
Registered
601 Posts
so if the new gixxer is about 10500 what do u think u should walk out the show room paying with 6%sales tax.. and 200 title and reg... just give me the price i should pay for the bike and i can get the rest out....

·
Registered
13 Posts
i noticed that no one really mentioned financing a bike on here. i have never bought a car and only paid my friend a few hundred for the katana i bought off him(he needed to get rid of it). im new to the whole dealership thing and was wondering exactly how the financing works. also i wanted to know if i financed an 04 gsxr 600, around what would i expect to be paying if i financed it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
financing a gixxer wow BIG BUX, better save your money then buy later, first the interest youll pay, then you have to pay that arm and a leg and neck insurance for the bike, you got to have a FULL insurance until you paid up your bike... expensive especialy if you live to state that is considered paradise....

·
Registered
13 Posts
okay, so i went to the dealer today, and he told me that if you finance a suzuki that you do not need full coverage. he said they only required liability. what effect would this have on the grand scheme of things?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think it's beter if you get a loan from the bank as opposed to financing from the dealer. Depending on how well you know your bank manager you can probably get a lower interest rate from your bank. Second, getting a loan from the bank will improve your credit more than factory financing. Suzuki isn't gonna offer mortgages any time soon. LOL

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry to say Jimbo but if you finance it doesnt matter where you go to get the loan it will go on your credit report the same way.. You will get lower interest rate at a bank or a credit union.. I think buying a bike is a lot like buying a car as for the new ones.. Tell them you want to see the invoice it will tell you how much thay paid for the bike, and pay three hundred over that and you will leave with a good deal..

·
Registered
260 Posts
im goint to look at an 03 1000 later today, where do i look for the vin and engine number thanks? or is it the same spot on all the bikes.

·
Registered
209 Posts
nice post..it very helpfull...y would you not want to put full coverage on a new bike? i know i would want to.....with a bike comes lots of responsibility and if you dont have full you not being responsible from the jump....

·
Registered
2 Posts
You said the last day of the month of a "new quarter" ??? explain please...i also heard that if was wiser to buy during the off season like during the fall or winter.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts
About this Discussion
89 Replies
82 Participants
springfall2008
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing