Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice
you still got that sweet F4i?
nope sold the f4i a few dayz before the new one arrived.

as for the pipe, I havn't heard any other 750's. I did plan on a pipe, but I really like the sound of this one, and it looks good
too. So I am staying with this... I just need some front flush mounts and then I'll be happy.

·
Premium Member
73,386 Posts
the 20th ann. gixxers are hot, congrats!

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
actually, those pics aren't as sarcastic as they may seem. a while back there was an article on the web concerning proper piston seals on new motors. It was tested and proven that it is more beneficial to push a new motor to its limit in the first 15 miles, and then to follow factory break in procedures. the pressure allows the piston seals to expand and set tightly, but this may only occur in the VERY early life of the motor (so don't go redlining your 91 gixxer).

·
Registered
722 Posts
actually, those pics aren't as sarcastic as they may seem. a while back there was an article on the web concerning proper piston seals on new motors. It was tested and proven that it is more beneficial to push a new motor to its limit in the first 15 miles, and then to follow factory break in procedures. the pressure allows the piston seals to expand and set tightly, but this may only occur in the VERY early life of the motor (so don't go redlining your 91 gixxer).
Damn, really? Thats very interesting. Let me crawl back under my rock now, goodnite.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Nice pics!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.