Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello on L2 gsxr 1000 . Is there any method or what we have to do to have handlbar absolutly stright to the wheel ? I havr feeling that handlebar is just a bit right side but how can i mesure it or what to do ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motorcycle is without acident. I just greese the bearings and now handelbar looks a bit right side then wheel

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
There are small tabs on the top side of each clip-on where the fork slides through;those tabs are meant to fit inside a similar small hole on the underside of the top triple. Line up the tabs on the clip-ons to fit inside the small holes in the triple,then you're straight....very basic and simple.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks . Is there any videos or pictures of what you said ? Becouse i dont know all special english words of motorcycle to do it easy if there is some video or photos it would be great

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Thanks . Is there any videos or pictures of what you said ? Becouse i dont know all special english words of motorcycle to do it easy if there is some video or photos it would be great
No video needed,it's extremely simple....just have a look under the top triple clamp and you'll see where the tabs on the clip-on's fit.

Look at part #'s 1&2,you'll see what Im referring to.

Suzuki Motorcycle Parts 2012 GSX-R1000L2 HANDLEBAR Diagram

I went and took a pic of what I'm explaining hopefully this will make it easier to understand;)

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh thanks its right sited on my bike just i think that the whole system . I don't know the name . (Where we have key of motorcycle and where is forks seated is left side a bit )

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
Did you fix your forks?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,715 Posts
I refer to it as a pin instead of a tab. But whatever, here's a pic:

It's that thing at the top. It engages a hole or slot in the underside of the upper triple clamp. There's a little bit of slop that allows some minor rotational adjustment of the clip-on. But not much. If things still don't align, your problem is probably elsewhere in the forks/triple clamp.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes forks are fixed. The oil from bottom side is not comming up :) i think it was old oil leak on it and on road it was comming out now its ok. Also i adjusted forks and its normal now there is only 2 problem now for me.

1) when i am going stright with wheel, the head stearing stem is a bit right side

2) when i am trying to Turn left side motorcycle doing corners much easyer and faster. Then right side

Forks problem was sold from your experiance boys . I hope you would help me to this 2 thinks also

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I refer to it as a pin instead of a tab.
BillV you are 100% correct. Pin is a more accurate description. It's not easy getting old and having brain-farts when I wake up&then start posting away:crying

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,715 Posts
Suzi1000: I'm concerned that your upper and lower triple clamp are not aligned with each other. With the wheel removed, lower the fork out of the upper triple on one side while keeping the other fork tightly clamped. Then slide the lowered fork back up with the lower clamp snugged up, but still loose enough to allow the fork to be moved. Check how the fork aligns with the hole in the upper triple as it is raised. It should exactly line up. If it doesn't, loosen the other side and adjust until things align.

While you're there, loosen the clip-on and rotate the upper/outer fork tube in the lower clamp and check that it's alignment with the hole in the upper triple doesn't change. Your fork is bent if it changes.

Alternately, you could just go on roads that only have left turns.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you very much my friend you helped me a lot . So its real and its cused from forks alighn that motorcycle turns left better then right and its not my phantasy yes ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts