Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Bike look great and, of course, your opinion is the only one that counts but I do have some constructive criticism. Sorry if the spelling is off, my eyes are still dialated from the eye doc. Needs more rear ride height. Streetfighters need that aggressive attitude. When it is on the rear stand is how it should look. Head light is too low, looks out of place. Should be up by the instruments. Love the polished parts, not too overdone, especially the wheels. Don't get me wrong, the bike looks great and I am sure to steal ideas off of it for my Blandit. Just trying to give a little disinterested third party input. Troy341

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
The bike looks GREAT, Ry!

I do tend to agree with Troy about the ride-height thing... but looking at the swingarm-angle, that seems to be about right. Maybe it's the tailsection with that short `arm that gives the illusion that it's kinda low? I dunno... but I do know that it takes a lotta work to build a `fighter, and they never truly get "finished"
- good job!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

The arm that's on it now is a 88 750. Now that I have this arm on it, the side stand is too short. I know that the short stand and having the wheel in the frame deeper makes the illusion that it's off and I don't think that I knelt when I took the pics.

I'm going to make new brackets for the lights, those are just temporary. I'm thinking of flipping them so I can hide the wirring andmount them, off the upper yoke.

This one is finished. I'm starting on my 88 7/11 which will be alot better.

341, how's your bandit comming along since you painted it?

WOW

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Nothing done to it other than trying to learn to get it into 2nd on the rear wheel with the wif on the back. Have a 'Busa shock on the way from ebay. Will be longer and have better damping than the stocker. Gonna trailer it down to Laguna in a couple weeks for the races, so I am trying to be nice to it. Glad that you took my suggestions in the manner that they were intended. You could do nothing else to it and still have a bitchin' looking bike. Troy341

1 - 5 of 5 Posts