Banned
29,644 Posts
[.youtube]everything after the = [./youtube]

remove the period
there. :)

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Wow, bet after she recovers from that she'll never get on a bike again.

Fck wouldn't you make damn sure they knew what the clutch and brake did?

·
Administrator
13,378 Posts
So you do too. I'm always coping shit for not noticing things right in front of me, there's just another one of them.
That fool that was giving you shit is long gone mate ... he's a former banned member that snuck back in to be banned again hahaha :wtf

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
That happened to me teaching my GF to ride. I remember clinging to the grab rail, feeling like my feet were swinging over my head as I ran screaming CLUTCH!!! CLUTCH!!! CLUUUUUUTCH!!!

She finally pulled in the clutch and all was well.

The poor girl in this video though... I'd be surprised if she didn't seriously shatter her left knee / leg when she hit that car.

Two comments:

1. Damn, that R3 has some pep! She makes the rear chirp and pops a little wheelie pretty good there!
  2. I wonder what piece goes flying like that at impact... looks about the size of a mirror, maybe?

·
Super Moderator
14,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I taught my girl (now wife) clutch and throttle manipulation we did it in a field on her Yamaha TT-R125. No issues whatsoever and by the end of an afternoon she was grabbing 2nd gear. Don't do this in a complex parking lot!!! :hammer

I think it helped that on the dirtbike I could sit behind her and work the controls with her for the first 2 dozen attempts going over all of the possible scenarios, stalling, clutchout too fast, etc..

I don't know any other way to learn or teach this than on a dirtbike though. :dunno

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
I had previously taught the same girl how to drive a stick so I recall emphasizing the clutch's role in any panic situation over and over. I made her practice pulling that lever many times as I said the word 'clutch'..... long before we even started the engine.

I knew that if she panicked, it would be sensory overload so that 'clutch practice' beforehand definitely saved the day. '82 KZ 550... so big, heavy and fast enough that it wouldn't have ended well.

CLUUUUUUUUUUUUUTCH!!!! :frantic :lmao

·
Registered
122 Posts
“Here, take my motorcycle for a ride. Trust me, it’s really easy once you get the hang of it. Here’s the brake and clutch”

Lmfao girl didn’t know what to expect, I knew it was going to end bad when her feet stayed dragging on the ground.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,859 Posts
"But, but, but...300s have no power! I outgrew it on my first ride!"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts