Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my 1999 Gix 750. It's got 35K on the clock and hasn't given me one problem yet. I yhave all receipts (oil changes, chains, etc.. for maintenance). It's in perfect condition both mechanically and aesthetically. What would you offer if you were to buy it?..Need to put it at a good starting price.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Ratman69...tryin to figure out a price that well sell it rather quickly but not leave me broke. around 5 is what I was thinkin myself.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Dude, if your sellin it in L.A...you can do better...for a fast sale, I'd ask 5800.00, hell there are 98's going for 6k...
You can always come down, but ya can't go up in price...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yeah but 35,000 miles on it

maybe $5000 if I was offer'N....

Everyone knows the history of any crotch mobile.....Run'er hard! And with that many miles, I would be a little worried, even if it looked perfect and you had all reciepts, I would still take a step back.
Sorry....you asked

I guess it also depends o the area your sellin in?

[ 02-01-2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: outcold ]

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't be Sorry man....I need Your guys' opinions. Yeah that's why I was thinkin' 5K cus of the mileage. My bike has seen redline only a handful of times and I ride it easy...it was mainly for transportation (fun transportation). and here and there to the canyons. BUT...how do I prove that to any potential buyer?...I can't. Therefore, I need a conservative price due to mileage.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Originally posted by outcold:
Yeah but 35,000 miles on it

maybe $5000 if I was offer'N....

Everyone knows the history of any crotch mobile.....Run'er hard! And with that many miles, I would be a little worried, even if it looked perfect and you had all reciepts, I would still take a step back.
Sorry....you asked

I guess it also depends o the area your sellin in?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hearing this makes me feel I got a great deal on my '97 600. I bought it last summer from a local dealer for 5k. It had 6800 miles on it and in mint shape. Not even a scratch.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
If that is the same bike I helped you work on, I would not ast more then 4K for it. There is alot of stuff on the bike that shows signs (to someone that knows what to look for) of a drop or two. It has a lot of parts that are not from that bike stock, and half the bolts are not the correct ones.

But you might get lucky and find someone that doesnt know this bike very well and get a good deal from them.

John

·
Registered
57 Posts
I guess cost of living out there is pretty high. A bike with that many miles on it here in NC would go for less than $3k. I bought my 96 with 5100 miles for $5k back in 1998. Good luck

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was offered 4800 for it at a dealership (Bert's Mega Mall)...I guess if I can't find someone with a reasonable offer I'm gonna sell it there. But if a dealer offered 4800 for it-it must be worth more to them in their eyes.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well Berts will give you a good deal on it cause they sell SOOOOOOO many bike, and so many people go there... You can always find a sucker in a dealer that big...

I am not saying that your bike is crap... It runs good, but as someone that really knows these bikes, I would not buy a bike that has a bunch of mixed parts from other bikes. Someone that doesnt know, they would never know untill someone points it out.

John

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Picked up my 97 with 2900 on it and no scratches for 4800. I personally wouldn't pay more than 3500 for a bike with that many miles on it. However, I'm sure some squid will pay more for it than that.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
plus you may have in your favor is the movie "BIKER BOYZ" .That will most likely have every nutjob with money out looking for a bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought my 98 gixx 600 for $3500 w/ 20k on the odo. It did have normal wear and tear but that was about it. It also came jetted and w/ full yosh and double bubble windscreen

·
Registered
9 Posts
Think I got lucky? Seeing all these prices I think I may have. I just bought a 99 Gixxer 600 with 4100 miles for 5500. Good price, huh? And its jetted with a Yoshi RS-3 pipe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts