Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much play should there be when I twist the Throttle if any, The throttle tube moves about this much <------->. It has about that much play in it is this normal ? If not how do I adjust it ? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
GSXR600W\X models :

Accelerator cable - 2 to 4mm
Decelerator cable - zero freeplay

Fine adjustments can be made at the throttle end via the adjusters, which can be seen beneath the brake lever.

Major adjustments can be made at the carbie end.

First, take all the freeplay out of the throttle end by turning the adjuster all the way in. Then, lift the tank and u'll see the cables and the pulley setup on the LHS beneath the airbox. I remove the airbox to gain better access to them.

Slacken the locknut, and tweak the adjuster nut to suit your preference

THat's the gist of it
Fiddle around and u'll find out how it works

KaTz

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
there is a personal adjustment here...

I like mine with NO play in it. I adjusts it with the bars at full left lock. motor running I adjust it till the idle jumps up and then I back it off just a hair. I then turn the bars from lock to lock to make sure I dont have a jump in idle...

I have found this to work best for me and all the riders I have setup this way seem to agree with me. It makes it much easier to role on in the turns..

John

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:

I like mine with NO play in it. I adjusts it with the bars at full left lock. motor running I adjust it till the idle jumps up and then I back it off just a hair. I then turn the bars from lock to lock to make sure I dont have a jump in idle...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is exactly how I set mine. I don't want to have to guess and anticipate when the power might come on.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:

I have found this to work best for me and all the riders I have setup this way seem to agree with me. It makes it much easier to role on in the turns..

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Bro I will do that today. The help is appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts