Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what normal oil usage is for these oil-cooled bikes. Mine doesn't seem to use much, but it does take a sip on special occasions. How much do your bikes use?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My oil cooled bandit 1200 uses so little oil between changes that you can barely notice the difference in the site glass.

But I change every 2000 miles too...

·
3,484 Posts
Mine typically needs a topoff....maybe 1/4 quart after a good 500mi in one weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if I used an extra quart or so between changes......engine has about 25,000mi.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point, Ragnar. Let me modify the question, because mine doesn't burn oil when my grandma is riding it.
Does anyone's bike use oil when they ride it hard? For that matter, does anyone have a bike that they ride hard that does not use oil. I'm really curious about this. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I do 1-2 track days a month and I commute 5 days a week and between oil changes I don't notice any oil loss. I'm sure there is some but not enough that I can tell in the sight glass.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Too funny. I'm assuming that since we've got to ask if grandma rides bikes that there's somebody out there on this list that would actually buy a sportbike and then NOT play hard.

I commute 5 days a week to work. Down 51 and home I-17 catch me if you can

And I still don't burn oil...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts