Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the higest Hp Aircooled gixxer on the board? My friend's 1216 with a lazer head pulled 160rwhp.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
What are you doing over here, Edster... a little fishing ?

I posted this to your thread on the w/c board as well... the B12 pulled 150.4rwhp with 87.6 ft-lbs with my hack home-brewed port work, 1216 @ 11.6:1 CR, and a mild cam grind (both '90 GSXR cams). Carbs were RS38's, exhaust was a V&H 4:1 with race baffle.

FWIW the Gixxer cams in at 106i/102e put peak HP at 9900 revs; peak torque was at 7200 revs. The dyno guy suggested re-timing to 102i/106e, which I did; the bike accelerates well with that setup but I didn't get back on the dyno before the teardown.

I'll be very interested to see how it pulls with the slingshot head on it (assuming Lazer ever gets off his ass and finishes it
)... CR should be up a full point, and his Level 4 ports damned well oughta flow better than the shit I did in my own garage.

Ed

·
Registered
893 Posts
I read a post from Joey,said he has a motor with over $5000 in parts along suppose to put out 270h.p.I saw the pictures of the motor,it was awsome!

Hey Joey,if you read this,could you post another picture and tell us what all you've done to it?

Damm I love this web site!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>What are you doing over here, Edster... a little fishing ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you know, gotta check out the competition

270hp NA is a bunch of BS! Even a fully built busa can't make that.

$5000 worth of parts really isn't that much

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: Edster ]

·
Registered
398 Posts
278 on my 87 GSXR1100..200hp on motor alone (1340) with a 80 shot of spray..few little mode. Isnt n2o a wonderful thing...wish I had one of them fancy 270hp n/a engines..

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>278 on my 87 GSXR1100..200hp on motor alone (1340) with a 80 shot of spray..few little mode. Isnt n2o a wonderful thing...wish I had one of them fancy 270hp n/a engines.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, I need a 1340 + spray

What are you runnin for a head on that thing?

gsxr1198, Have you heard anything on the head?

·
Registered
398 Posts
ported head..epoxy..oversized valves..5 angle valve job..normal stuff with a few tricks. Friend of mine was the master at porting heads..just did it for himself and a few friends..passed away last year and his talents would have taken him far but he just did it for the love. When ya add the n2o..make sure you get a Holly Blue fuel pump, stops the big BOOm (trust me..)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Edster:

gsxr1198, Have you heard anything on the head?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I called Lazer yesterday; he's up and hobbling around a little, sez he will work on it as much as the leg lets him... I doubt he'll get it out this week, but at least he had to listen to me grumbling about missing a good event at Rockingham this past weekend... told him I need the head for the Schnitz event at The Rock at the end of the month....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts