Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 99 gixxer 750 with yoshi slip-on and k&n filter but besides that shes stock i always want it to get a power commander for my bike but never got around to purchase it and i was
wondering how much H.P. u guys gain from it? im pumping 119.3h.p. from her know i have 27,000 miles on it (in case it could help) what do u guys think i should do ?

thanx for the help guys

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
getting MORE horsepower is tough..ive done a ton to mine, and can honestly say the "butt dyno" didnt move a bit..the really big thing that brought my bike around was the 16k tune up...this the one where the valves were adjusted..i have 27k on my bike as well, and have just ordered a 1 tooth bigger rear sprocket...that wont get any neck breaking speed out of my bike, but cant hurt..do some searches on the 520 conversion, and the tre seemed to make a difference as well..

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree with spongebob the TRE does make a difference. I have also done the PAIR, 520 with 1 tooth down in the front and a PC 2 with custom map and I am very happy.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Originally posted by spongebob:
getting MORE horsepower is tough..ive done a ton to mine, and can honestly say the "butt dyno" didnt move a bit..the really big thing that brought my bike around was the 16k tune up...this the one where the valves were adjusted..i have 27k on my bike as well, and have just ordered a 1 tooth bigger rear sprocket...that wont get any neck breaking speed out of my bike, but cant hurt..do some searches on the 520 conversion, and the tre seemed to make a difference as well..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have noticed with my 98 750 that when changing from 5th to 6th at about 250-260 km/h ( i live 1600 metres about sea level) that it then takes forever to gain more speed , do u think changing the sprocket to bigger at the back (an hence a higher revving ratio) will allow me to get more speed?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
the 98 99 750 not red line with the stock gears in 6th, unless you are downhill and have a tail wind.. lol

I am up 3 in the rear and it takes a long time to get close to redline in 6th gear..

Anyhow... for more power, you might want to look into the 520 As said above. It doesnt give you more, you just loose less...

A big bore is nice, the valve adjustment would be nice, if you have not done it.

other then that get a full system and you should see a bit more...

John

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for quick reply guys i apreaciated. but i guess i left out a couple of things
i did the 520 convertion the sprockets are the same but lighter i did the valves and im still pumping 119 h.p. maybe is time to get a new bike!!!!

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
thats 4 horsepower more(at the rear wheels) than the bike came with!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
you need headers! Your sucky stock headers are holding your hp back. Look on the race board or EBAY, you can often find them cheap. I got a full DD system for my 00 600 for $75. Gave me 5 more hp.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Anyone know a good site to get a 520 kit from my front sprocket is warn pretty good so its time anyhow.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Originally posted by Gruebane:
I have noticed with my 98 750 that when changing from 5th to 6th at about 250-260 km/h ( i live 1600 metres about sea level) that it then takes forever to gain more speed , do u think changing the sprocket to bigger at the back (an hence a higher revving ratio) will allow me to get more speed?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">possibly, but not much. the real problem is that at that altitude, your bike is performing like a sea level 600. 250-260kph is 150-156mph....a stock sea level 600 won't go too far past that.

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i live at a high altitude also(4000'), and when i get down to sea level, i swear NO ONE could ever keep up with my bike..the fecker is a wheelie monster down there...but, thats where everybody lives..........so im here

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'd say... and I haven't done them myself.. but I'd try doing Yosh cams, and then a good adjustment of the valves. Maybe do a slight porting out with a place that has a flow bench testing machine. I'm sure there's something good to be had for that. Also, getting new pistons with a little different profile on the dome that would up the compression a little bit. Also adding the headers will help to expel those exhaust gases a little better, and when you do that, your head get's a bit more efficient as well. I'm just thinking some elementary mechanics. I don't know it all of course, but look into those things possibly. They'd be the easiest of the heavy mods. I've noticed from my sprocket conversion which is 1 down in front and 1 up in rear that it just made my bike a little faster in the lower gears, but top end does redline out. So it wont really make the bike a whole lot faster. Sometimes that can make it slower if you go too big into the number changes. But that's all I got to say about that.

·
GSP 652
1,481 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR750:
you need headers! Your sucky stock headers are holding your hp back. Look on the race board or EBAY, you can often find them cheap. I got a full DD system for my 00 600 for $75. Gave me 5 more hp.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn I thought I did good with my $60 slip on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts