Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had everyone telling me to get my bike run on a dyno, I didn't even know what a dyno was until I got on this site. I don't even know if any of the shops in my home town of 10,000 people has one. But I should be able to find one close by. I would just like to know what I should pay to get the dyno done, since I don't know how much they cost. I think I'll be getting mine done in SLC, Utah, if anyone in that area knows of a reputable place. Please let me know. THanks

pacman

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Go to www.dynojet.com and see if they can get you hooked up with a local shop. Cost varies from $25-$40...if you have the otion get it done on one with an emmissions sniffer...it'll tell you if you're running rich or lean.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not much help to you over the pond I know pac, but here in UK it cost me the equivalent of $140 for 4 hours work, and all the dyno runs required to prove that work. Best money I've spent on the bike.

I would hazard a guess that the quotes you've had above are for 1 or 2 runs only, so you need to budget for any carb work required on top. Finally you will need to synchronise your carbs afterwards. Let us know how it goes.

Steve.

PS Don't wish to teach you how to suck eggs, but don't forget to get your engine in tip top nick first. Change spark plugs, change air cleaner ( or clean if it's a K & N) and set your valve gaps
Don't forget that the carbs will be tuned to the exhaust you have fitted, so if you're thinking of getting a new one, buy it first. Good luck

[ 06-08-2002, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: TorF3 ]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the last tip of cleaning everything out and the muffler part too. I am planning on getting a new muffler so that will need to be before that. I still need to get my engine running right. For some reason the needles went out on the floats on two of the cyclinders or something becuase when I swith the needles the other two cylinders start firing. I haven't found a good place to get new needles at. if anyone has a place to get good parts please let me know. Thanks. Wade

1 - 5 of 5 Posts