Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many RPMS\'s at 90-100MPH in 6th gear?

OK, I know we all cruise around well over the speed limit, our bikes beg for it so here is my question. Can you share what your RPM's read when you are doing 90-100MPH in 6th gear? Mine is reading between 8-10 grand. I think that is way too high but I had my father take it out and verify this. According to the shifter I am in 6th gear. I dont recall it being so high last summer but sure enough it is now. I know I have the sprocket conversion, but honestly wondering what other bikes avg around the 100MPH mark. The bike runs great and no slipes or misses in the tranny either. Also just changed the oil recently too-which I think on ours also is used in the tranny. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Any idea's?
Thanks
Chuck

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Re: How many RPMS\'s at 90-100MPH in 6th gear?

sounds high, but honestly, i havent ever compared the two. Ill try next time im out, although you may be on hold for awhile...

l8r

sms

ps- nice bike!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yup, I thought it was too. I will wait. I figure it will take a week or so to get some responses.

Thanks for the comps on the bike too

Much appreciated
Chuckie

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

too high , should be 6 - 7 k
proly your - 1 front +2 rear sprockets

·
Banned
6,048 Posts

Originally posted by gsxrster:
too high , should be 6 - 7 k
proly your - 1 front +2 rear sprockets
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i have that setup, and it still sounds too high........

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That is what I was guessing.. between 6-8k..Damn Damn.. Well just another thing to think about tomorrow in the garage. I do enjoy the rush of 60-120 with the flick of wrist though.

Thanks for checking though. Appreciate the help
Chuckie:)

·
Registered
30 Posts

When i hit the humble 100mph on my GSXR600 (97), the rev counter is exactly on 8000rpm. Spoke to a friend of mine he went out to test his (not that he needed begging:) ) and his was reading the same on a 98 GSXR600. Hope this helps now go and thrash the living daylights out of it:)

·
Registered
29 Posts

I hit about 7400rpm at the 100mph mark. It used to be about 7800 before I bought a pcII. I hope this helps....

·
Registered
1,923 Posts

YUP! 8k 'zactly @ 100mph when i tested my 97 GSXR 600 dude!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks to everyone for your input!!! Yup, it sure does prove where I thought it should be running. I figured after one nice weekend, I would get a few more posts on this matter. Doesn't take much time to hit 100MPH on these things.

Appreciate it guys!
Going cruising in a lil bit actually
Chuckie

·
Registered
781 Posts

I was doing 100 mph @ 7.5k in 6th gear this morning. My bike has stock gearing and it had stck exhaust at that time with the corresponding map on PCII CD (I think it is 001). I was on my way back from M.O.T test station, the bike passed all right. Time to put on my Yosh RS3 full system, tiny number plate and all other illegal goodies, yuppppeeeeee

·
Registered
67 Posts

I have same bike as you chuckie, +2 in back and i am at 8 grand in 6th @ 100Mph.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Originally posted by BigMark:
I have same bike as you chuckie, +2 in back and i am at 8 grand in 6th @ 100Mph.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks again guys. Good to see everyone is having fun researching this post. Now for the next assignment. LOL

Thanks Mark.

I checked my linkage and it's good. I do shift up into 6th gear easy. Gonna have to take to some people at the local shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts