Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 600/750 as there first bike...i mean there first eva bike....and would you say its ok for other newbs to get a 600/750...thanx

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im 31, with 2 kids...im a truck driver so my license is my lively hood...

oh and ryan grow up....being an internet thug aint kool...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
got a 600/750 as there first bike...i mean there first eva bike....and would you say its ok for other newbs to get a 600/750...thanx
It's possible, I started on a 01 600. I used good judgement and alot of self-restraint. I was keenly aware that if I crashed, I wouldn't have the money to replace the bike plus buy new helmet and gear. It all depends, but I wouldn't have dared consider starting on a 750 or 1000. That's too nuts for me, plus I realized I wouldn't learn anything doing it that way.

·
Registered
197 Posts
k4 750 1st bike ever, love it, no probs would recomend it to serious gearheads only. Otherwise somebody else will hurt themselves. I ran a gear higher so the power wouldnt be so explosive until I became more comfy on the bike. The bike had plenty of TQ to lug through the gears. 8k now, best purchase I have ever made.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had very minimal driving experience and got a brand new 05

Gixxer 600 as my first bike..... within the first month I was already driving on NYC highways at night...

I wouldnt recommend it to everyone......

"do as I say everyone, but dont do as I do"

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I got an 04 600 for my first bike. I say if you are responsible enough to respect the power then you shouldnt have a problem getting one for a first bike.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had very minimal driving experience and got a brand new 05

Gixxer 600 as my first bike..... within the first month I was already driving on NYC highways at night...

I wouldnt recommend it to everyone......

"do as I say everyone, but dont do as I do"
im from bklyn and i go there alot from where i live now in ct...so that experience will come soon....shit is bad enough in a car..cant imagine on a bike

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Just take your time and take a saftey course
You'll be fine

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
my 600 is my first bike.... honestly...if you do get a 600 or better just watch your self..dont be stupid...

i dropped my bike the first day i had it with 16 miles on it....and how did a drop it?? being a dumb newb.....lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
hey gq didnt u drop or almost drop ur bike on the highway? Or at least gettin on? the 600 could be a good bike but dont forget that quarter mile times between a 600 and a 1000 are only a second differance so they are very fast.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I rode a dirtbike like once or twice and my freinds moms ZX-9 in a parking lot one time. This year went out and bought a brand new 600. I'm taking the MSF courses and taking it slow, as long as you respect the bike you'll be fine. The hardest part is just getting it moving and getting used to being on two wheels really. For me at least. Now I'm getting more and more confortable riding the bike everytime I take it out. I still baby it and plan on doing that for a long time, hell I havent even broken 50 MPH yet on it.

I'd recomend doing what I did, my freind who knows how to ride took me to a parking lot on a sunday and showed me the ropes. When I felt I was ready I got the permit and rode around the back roads in the neighberhood. Just down to the gas station to get smokes and took it back home. Hell I still remeber when I was afraid to take the bike over 25-30 MPH. As long as you respect the bike and take it VERY EASY you'll do just fine. Just be sure to wear the gear and use your head.

Btw, what part of CT do you live in? I'm in the New Haven area of CT when you do get a bike let me know I'll go riding with you. Or if you need a good place to go for a bike I can take you to the dealer ship that I bought mine at.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
I started off with my 98 gix 600 and just took my time to learn the bike and get experience, fro me being a quick learner I learned alot quick but still maintained the repspect knowing that the more experience the better.

But hey something goes wrong all the time with even the most experienced riders sometimes.

I would recommend a 600 to start but if you are a quick learner and can respect it you could do the 750, I mean yeah I still have a 600 but I went from my 98 to a TLR 1000 which I loved and handled very wel and was then stolen and now I got an 05 600 instead of the 750 due to spending availability on my part but I can do on a 600 what I could do on the 750 if not better except go as fast so I am happy either way.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I rode a dirtbike like once or twice and my freinds moms ZX-9 in a parking lot one time. This year went out and bought a brand new 600. I'm taking the MSF courses and taking it slow, as long as you respect the bike you'll be fine. The hardest part is just getting it moving and getting used to being on two wheels really. For me at least. Now I'm getting more and more confortable riding the bike everytime I take it out. I still baby it and plan on doing that for a long time, hell I havent even broken 50 MPH yet on it.

I'd recomend doing what I did, my freind who knows how to ride took me to a parking lot on a sunday and showed me the ropes. When I felt I was ready I got the permit and rode around the back roads in the neighberhood. Just down to the gas station to get smokes and took it back home. Hell I still remeber when I was afraid to take the bike over 25-30 MPH. As long as you respect the bike and take it VERY EASY you'll do just fine. Just be sure to wear the gear and use your head.

Btw, what part of CT do you live in? I'm in the New Haven area of CT when you do get a bike let me know I'll go riding with you. Or if you need a good place to go for a bike I can take you to the dealer ship that I bought mine at.
im in meriden...not to far..my mom lives in hamden....i used to be in fair haven alot...hey whats the name of the dealership and where is it?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts