Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I wonder how far I can get with a full tank, and how far after the fuel light comes up.?. I have 2004 750.
thanks

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
depends

90 wringing it 120 coasting it.

i'll be doing a 600mile trip here in a few days so I'll let you know

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
once the light comes on, will it start to flash when you really get low on fuel, or does it just stay on ??? I got a 2005 750

and how many km's can you go when the gas light comes on ??

·
Banned
952 Posts
ive gone about 40 miles on my 750 with the light on. i didnt try any further. dont push it, just get some freakin gas when the light comes on.

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
The low-fuel light comes on at appr. 3.25 gallons shy of full. WIth a 4.5 gallon capacity (for the 600), that leaves 1.25 gallons. Estimating 40mpg average, you've got 50 miles to go after that light comes on.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
Guys,
I wonder how far I can get with a full tank, and how far after the fuel light comes up.?. I have 2004 750.
thanks
why not do a search? this topic has only been brought up 1000 times before

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
uh man u all and your 170 190 miles, must ride like GIRLS

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow, my low light comes on most times around 110 - 115. . . . . you 150+ people must just run in 6th gear all the time.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Holy shit that is a LOT of miles on a tank. Shit..... 170-190!!!! How???????? Never go above 4500 rpm?

How??? I feel lucky when I get 110 out of a tank!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I’m guessing that some members’ gas is evaporating before being burned off. This is based on their total amount of posts on this site and not riding their bikes. Then again maybe they like driving around looking like a squid at 11,000 to 14,000 rpms all day.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Gas goes pretty damn quick at 7500 rpm too. Squids going at 11,000-14,000??? Duh! Do you even know how to ride?? Otherwise you would KNOW what determins bad gas mileage......... and it doesn't have to be 11,000 + RPM!!!!!!

But then again....... 190 miles to a tank......

Post count riding experience now huh???

Oh.... by the way..... it's raining here right now.

Also........... DRIVING A BIKE????

What the hell........ I'll throw a couple more of these in for fun......

·
Registered
423 Posts
I guess you didn't see the grin
at the end. Take care gixer rob! I'm from the water cooled forum where the skin is a little thicker. I promise to be a little more aware of your feelings

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I guess you didn't see the grin
at the end. Take care gixer rob! I'm from the water cooled forum where the skin is a little thicker. I promise to be a little more aware of your feelings
I was also only having some fun. I thought that the
would have shown that!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am puzzled by a few of these gas mileage issues:

1) I have a 05 600. When the light comes up, I fill up the tank. Every time I do this, I put about 2.2 gallons. Does that mean that I actually had left about 2.5 gallons in the tank, if the capacity is 4.7? Do you guys experience the same thing? How much fuel do you put once the light comes on? In my case it seems that the light comes on a bit too early.

2) What are a few of the more important factors that determine mileage? Theoretically, the best mileage would be from running the bike at 7-8K in the 6th gear? Or how?

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i've got a million posts for THREE years

riding around like a squid at 11rpm - well I had to learn the hard way that its GOOD to be up in the RPM's when your running twisites. Believe me, i went into plenty of 2nd 3rd gear corners in 4th and 5th -on a 600!! So that means no power or toque left. I'm surprised I'm still here to tell.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I get maybe 70 miles before the light comes on. That's at the track though

1 - 20 of 30 Posts