Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many braided lines would i need to buy for replace my horrible rubber ones?? Do I need a separator cause the lines are split, how many banjo bolts are needed???
I am thinking of getting these mail order and I am getting stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I believe on the stock brakes for your bike there is one banjo bolt in the front, with one rubber hose going to a splitter, and then two rubber hoses going to the front calipers. I believe you should be able to get an aftermarket dual banjo bolt and two independant braided lines for your setup up front. For the rear it should be just one banjo bolt, and one line from the pedal to the caliper. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Your right tow hoses for the front, one for the rear, one double banjo bolt for the front MC and four single banjos one for each front caliper, and one ea for the rear MC and calipers.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
every time ive ordered lines all the banjo bolts come with it. For the front there will be 2 lines that go directly to each caliper with a longer banjo bolt that goes into the master cyl. You can get rid of that splitter.

If you cant find where to order the line let me know I can locate where ive got mine.

the kevlar lines are the better ones. The companies name is goodrich or something like that. let me know if you need help finding them

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goodridge, that's right. Thank you for the help. I got a quote for £80 so that's not too bad. I have found out that without the splitter that set up is called direct braking, but thank you for the help you lot have been great!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts