Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just amazing, the speeds on any bike. This thing is just sick. I try to be careful, picking the time and place where there is least amount of variables, and where I can see far ahead. I go to make a pass, nail it in 2nd, top it out, click 3rd, blip it and look down-135. never ceases to amaze me. So I was coming home on the highway yesterday, came up on a niiice long straight, got it up to 162 and it was stable as hell. Like a screaming beast it just wanted to go and keep going. FUCK! just awesome.Shoei x-11 is awesome too, no high speed shakes. my girlfriend finds this bike too uncomfortable to be a pass. so im thinking about getting a busa next year. no way am i giving up this machine though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
try 186 and holding it for a minute. Then you'll consider a custome cruiser
HAHAHA...that is just fucking siiick,
all i need is a long enough straight. I saw it it break 162 and i immediatley brought it back down, there was a bridge coming up and cops are notorious for hiding behind them on 495. I look forward to the opportunity to really open'er up on a nice long piece of asphalt. and do what you did. Nothing will ever make me switch to cruiser style. busa will be my equivalent of a cruiser.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ive run my 750 with the speedo maxed at a dead standstill of 186mph for over 10 miles. Granted was likely low 170's.......but none the less, i had her wide open for quite a long haul just recently.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Ive run my 750 with the speedo maxed at a dead standstill of 186mph for over 10 miles. Granted was likely low 170's.......but none the less, i had her wide open for quite a long haul just recently.
i believe this thread is about how the k5 1000 runs in that speed without any drama and how smooth this engine is without even trying hard. i don't think its about who or what bike goes in that spe
ed to gain recognition.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice run, what kind of mods have you done to your bike?

·
Registered
153 Posts
186 club memeber as well that thing is solid but the limiter sucks it will hit 186 then back down a few mph over an over again so im debating on putting my tre on it to see what it will top out at, once i put it own i will mount the video cam,

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.