Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
instal my jet kit, i have minor mechanical experience, like i can change oil and spark plugs ect. I can remove my gas tank and air box so if i can do all that should i even try it or take it to the dealership who wants 180.00 in labor to install it??? What do you guys think?

~SRADman

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
It's best to have someone who knows exactly what to do walk you through the whole process, if you are doing it for the first time...

The effect of a correctly installed Jet Kit is an awesome one, but a real mess if not installed right...you would probably wish someone installed it for you, if it didn't go right.

I looked into that possibility earlier this year and ended up letting a real pro do it ... no regrets...

·
Registered
964 Posts
It's not that difficult to actually install the jets but the hard part will be to tune it correctly. You see the pros usually know what size jets will go well with your set up and run it on a dyno or ride it to see how it runs. So if you have some time then you could do it yourself, if not have someone who knows do it like migz did

·
Registered
751 Posts
If you were near me I would install if for free for you, its simple, but the first time can be scary.

Really, all you do is plug and replace parts if you have a stock motor. Any strange symptoms can usually be solved with a phone call to dynojet or factory. Really straight forward. I installed my first myself, and im no wrenching wizard.

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah... bend over and pay the money. hehe Unless you're daring enough, and can bare tearing into the carbs often enough and setting the needles right... I'd just let the shop do'er.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Guys, guys, guys. Install them yourself, have the shop install them, have a friend do it, but
you don't have to bend over buddy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts