Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
uh, mine showed 185 but i had it geared down and stock speedo's are ~10% optimistic so I say about 172-173

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by sullytrnygsxr02750:
must be nice to have roads with turns so u can only go 152. i can get an 02 750 to go 168 corrected

be safe

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There wasn't a curve, I'm 6'2" weighing in at 250lbs and it felt like the wind was going to blow me off the bike! I guess I need to get a double-bubble shield.

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
192mph clocked by a cop buddies laser gun

·
Registered
746 Posts
I've hit 191 KM/H, that was indicated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Speedo always tops out at 186 mph. I wonder if there's a way, besides calculating 5-10% off-set or buying a radar gun, of getting an accurate reading? Things that make me go hhmmmmmm.......

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
82(mph) indicated.....

saw a good stretch of road and decided to nail-er'

ps- if you switch (US model) the gauge to report in kph, then apply a correction factor (via yellobox) to it to reflect MPH, it should then read up to an actual 300 mph, just reported in KPH seemingly....

as far as the mileage racking up......

well thasa different story altogether

·
Registered
73 Posts
Around 230km/h indicated. Laying on the tank can be comfterable sometimes.

·
Registered
424 Posts
INDICATED 167 (I want a yellow box for X-mas). That is when my common sense kicked in and told me it was to dark to see a muffler or something in the road.

·
Registered
311 Posts
172mph and still pulling hard...racing a R1,we ran out of clear highway traffic..

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you have a yellow box, you can read the directions, and it tells you a way to time how long it takes you to get from one mile marker to the next, and that is supposedly very accurate considering the markings are surveyed n such...

·
Registered
751 Posts
02 750 183mph indicated, prob mid 170's actual. Left a CBR 954 and 929 after 170mph indicated. Seems the top end of those bikes is much lower.

After 160mph indicated its all irrelivent anyhow....its just crazy fast.

Amazing how once the throttle is closed though, the bike sheds mph very fast even with no brakes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the squid forum? Just for the record, though. My 99' ZX-9R hit 200 mph indicated, so I'm guessing actually about 180 mph.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts