Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the signs? bike has like 25k 2006 gsxr 1k, looks ok, feels ok, rubber seal looks good, but sometimes on the metal forks I can see oily residue, I mean its mild and only see it when I rub my finger on it.

When do you replace? I know its hella expensive so I don't want to do it until I have to

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,753 Posts
It's not expensive. Drop the forks, and have a shop change the seals if you're not comfortable doing it. Last time I had mine done, I think it was around $120 with parts & labor.

If you've never done them, you're surely overdue to have your fork oil changed anyway.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bought it used, previous owner had it for a short time (wife made him get rid of it lol)

So I can drop the forks myself and bring them to a shop that will relieve some cost than?

Thanks

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,780 Posts
There are several seal manufacturers per this but the safest route is to insist on the Suzuki seals.

·
Super Moderator
14,999 Posts
With 25K miles on an 11 year old bike, your front end (and the rear) could use a refresh anyway. That was one of the first things I did when I bought my bike used a little more than 2 years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts