Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my K5 since last Sunday and after a few runs through the valley it gets covered in bugs pretty quick.

How do you guys keep your bikes looking new? I'd like to see it sparkle years from now, I understand I have to take care of paint while it's new.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Before I took my new ZX-6R out I did put 3M foil on my bike. It does protect the head lights and all my plastics from rocks who sometimes fly at you riding behind a friend.That stuff is garantied to hold up little rocks to about 120-140 mph. I love it and applied the right way, almost invisible.

·
Registered
231 Posts
after a ride wipe the bike down with spray on plexus and its quick and easy and prevents most things from sticking to the bike the next time you ride it .B

·
Registered
62 Posts
I never put the bike away without removing the bugs first - easier to do when they are still fresh. I usually use warm water. There are some nasty bugs here that will etch your paint and besides it always feels better to get on a clean looking bike next time you saddle up.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
after a ride wipe the bike down with spray on plexus and its quick and easy and prevents most things from sticking to the bike the next time you ride it .B
as long as you don't use the spray to polish while bugs are still there

·
Banned
5,032 Posts
I get the big pieces off with that Honda polish. A paint pen is good for the crash rash frame sliders don't prevent. Other than that, just go really fast and nobody can see the blemishes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Everytime I get bback home with my K4, I get out the honda polish and get them bugs off before it goes back under the cover. Every couple of months I will do a nice hand wash with car wash and warm water and than wax it with maguiers gold class wax. Just keep up with it with spray wax or quick detailer and it will stay nice for a while. Oh, and I never ride behind semi trucks. Those things will just shower you with rocks and crap.

Brian

·
Registered
432 Posts
Honda polish, best stuff I have found. Every now and then some Gold Class.
+1

·
Registered
419 Posts
Want it looking new? Use Meguairs Quik Detailer spray to clean off light dust, dirt, finger prints, bugs, bird shit, etc. If you have to wash use the Mr. Clean Auto Dry system. For me it works great so I dont get water spots in all those tight hard to reach areas. Makes it look factory fresh.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Honda spray cleaner is the best.
Hands down the best, anyone know where a good place to order it off the internet is? I dont want to go to my dealership everytime i need some.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
don't ride it

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
Where's a good place to find Honda cleaner?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts