Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color="green"> </font>
I was just wondering if any one had any tips for a guy who has an 05 600 and wants to learn how to pull it up .....any one got any ideas?

·
Registered
814 Posts
1. go to MSF course
2. shelf the 600 and start on a much smaller bike
3. drop about $1200 or so on gear and wear it at all times
4. come back and see us in a year or so

·
Registered
126 Posts
Lean back, floor it, and dump the clutch. That should get it up.

Are you talking about riding a wheelie, or pulling it up into the back of a truck.
Gotta be specific dude. And plus, IF YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW HOW, you haven't been riding long enough to try it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I really dont think anyone should joke aroudn as far as dumping the clutch, although I know it's all in good fun.

if you check out the stunt/trick forum there is an awesome write up about wheelies in there.

My opinion.. gear up, find yourself a nice stretch of road that you're not going to get any traffic on, get your bike nicely warmed up (tires and such).

Now with you're 600, what you'll want to do is just power it up in 1st. Clutching it up in 1st is far too dangerous in my opinion. Once you hit the power band, lean back a bit and just open up the throttle(snap it back) at around 8-10k. The front should come right up. You should be able to power it up in 2nd (depending on your size and body position), you may have to give it a little tug.

be safe.

·
Registered
610 Posts
1. go to MSF course
You can't say it any better than that.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
1. go to MSF course
+1 I couldn't agree more with you.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Ask XeNon

Seriously dudes. Wheelies should not be the first thing you try to learn. And shouldn't be something you're proud of after only riding for 2 months (um, XeNon) and post pictures of how ignorant and squid-like you are.

·
Registered
297 Posts
1. go to MSF course
+100000

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I love flaming a suid as much as the next guy but don't we have the responsibilty to explain thing to them such as taking time and being carful
They walk in here and get smaked in the face with comments not fully understanding the atmosphere and we scare them off to go fuk up while saying fuk those internet guys

Nevermind carry on

·
Registered
31 Posts
You forgot a small detail.

If you stunt your bike, expect it to ... sooner or later ... hit the ground. Plastic, paint and all.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Agreed... expect something to go wrong every time you try and bring it up. That said, go find yourself someplace secluded with no traffic at all, and get going in second. At about 40-45, clutch in, rev to 10-12,000, wack out the clutch, and it'll come up. If it doesn't, rev higher, or go slower and do the same thing. Start small though, don't expect to get it up and ride it your first time. Fifty small wheelies is better than one high one the you loop the first time.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Agreed... expect something to go wrong every time you try and bring it up. That said, go find yourself someplace secluded with no traffic at all, and get going in second. At about 40-45, clutch in, rev to 10-12,000, wack out the clutch, and it'll come up. If it doesn't, rev higher, or go slower and do the same thing. Start small though, don't expect to get it up and ride it your first time. Fifty small wheelies is better than one high one the you loop the first time.
And you might as well go ahead and just get the new clutch now so when you completely blow it in a few months you will have onne ready to go

·
Registered
239 Posts
And about the MSF and gear thing... it's great, highly recommended. But for guys who ride to stunt... I mean, it's great, to say that, but when they come in here to learn some basics from guys who've been riding a bit, why tell them they're retarded and should never try what they're getting interested in? Long as you're on your own property or a deserted area, then why not let them trash their bike? Stunting on the street or in traffic isn't smart, but deserted parking lots, country roads... It's sort of becoming more popular it seems, as far as organized events go. Just... I dunno. Don't rag on the guy just cause he wants recommendations on gettin his front wheel up. Least he's got the brains to ask about it, not just get on the highway and do it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
And you might as well go ahead and just get the new clutch now so when you completely blow it in a few months you will have onne ready to go
Yeah... can't say I haven't gone through a clutch on my 750K5 already...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something but everyone just assumed this is this guys first bike. Seems to me he might have been riding a while and real small bike and just never figured it out or never even tried until now. Don't know, just seems we may have jumped into the flaming before he had a chance to explain himself.
With that said, Recan, if that is your first bike learn to ride it first then try stunts. If you don't your a
and you should look up Xen0n to hang out with.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I just stick it to her. That's how I do it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts