Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you clean your \'baby\'

What do you use to make your bike look ***** and span?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Re: How do you clean your \'baby\'

All Meguiars products, the NXT line! The soap, liquid wax, also touch up wax for the quick touch-up washes before a weekend ride or something. Haven't used any of the other products in the line, but I've heard they're great! Meguiars is the absolute best cleaning products for vehicles, period.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Check out www.autopia.org for good info on detailing/washing/waxing/polishing tips and reviews

I currently use Zaino Bros. products on my car and bike. You can't beat the longevity of Zaino, period. Synthetic sealants (wax/polish to most people) will last a lot longer, but tend to lack depth (like a plastic-y look)
I am soon switching to Klasse All-In-One, Klasse Sealant Glaze, & S100 Wax... all layered in that order. Real Carnuba waxes provide more depth, but only lasts anywhere from 6-8 weeks. Oh yea, Einszett Perls Shampoo is great if you want a shine as soon as you're done washing. Follow with a detailing spray, such as Zaino Z-6, after every wash and wax for the bling.

·
Registered
162 Posts

the entire Meguiars line of cleaners, i really like there gold class wax, my bike is black so im having to clean it everytime i want to ride and there stuff really gets my bike looking great.

·
Registered
600 Posts

My bike has never seen water in the 13 months I've owned it. I only use Honda's Pro Polish on anything that needs cleaning. When it comes time for the wheels or something that has a decent amount of dirt buildup (more than just bugs), I'll use a simple citrus degreaser.

If anyone questions my method, I challenge you to a duel!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

Honda polish for everything except the wheels and anything with grease on it I use simple green.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

the entire Meguiars line of cleaners, i really like there gold class wax, my bike is black so im having to clean it everytime i want to ride and there stuff really gets my bike looking great.
+WD40 for the rims and fling!

Rob

·
Registered
9,633 Posts

My bike has never seen water in the 13 months I've owned it. I only use Honda's Pro Polish on anything that needs cleaning. When it comes time for the wheels or something that has a decent amount of dirt buildup (more than just bugs), I'll use a simple citrus degreaser.

If anyone questions my method, I challenge you to a duel!
+1

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

HONDA POLISH

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts

My wife.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts

Of course after you wash with soap and water.
Same here......I don't see why people are so scared of washing there bikes with soap & water. It's fuggin motorcycle....water is not going to turn it into a pile of rust.

As for the people who say there bike has never seen water....what do you do when you're out riding and it starts to rain?? Run and hide?

njracer

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

Of course after you wash with soap and water.
Same here......I don't see why people are so scared of washing there bikes with soap & water. It's fuggin motorcycle....water is not going to turn it into a pile of rust.

As for the people who say there bike has never seen water....what do you do when you're out riding and it starts to rain?? Run and hide?

njracer
I agree 100% NJ!!!! When I bought the 02' the guy told me it has never seen a bit of water. That was the dirtiest bike underneath the fairings and guages. Road grime that was sticky EVERYWHERE that the god-like honda polish didn't get to. I swore like a................. BITCH without a tampon!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts