Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a little issue with my throttle grip. It seems like it has too much play in it before actually getting the gas going. what is considered too much movement with out actually engaging the throttle cable? Some help would be nice....

·
Registered
457 Posts
I can't recall off hand what it's supposed to be but I'm pretty sure it's in the owner's manual, something like 1/8"

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ive got mine with no play at all, (im a squid though so I can do anything and be allowed to be a idiot) If you dont want any play, make sure you adjust it with the handle bars turned all the way to the right or left, then loosen the lock nut and adjust it so the throttle returns with no restriction, if it returns sluggish, you have it too tight. Mine has no play, I roll it, it takes off, no slack, no lag.

·
Registered
374 Posts
(im a squid though so I can do anything and be allowed to be a idiot)
Hey are'nt you the guy who has that crash video floating through cyberspace??

·
Registered
374 Posts
Dayum Bee that was a quick reply. Just jivin you ... But yeah an autograph would be cool.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Actually I too that video serious man. Glad you're okay. I also learned to be very careful when passing cagers. I always make sure they know I'm there.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
There's an adjuster nut on the cable housing and if that's not enough there another one underthe tank on the left side. Make sure it doesn't gas the bike up when you turn the handlebars after adjusting. That would be bad at a gas station

·
Registered
152 Posts
i adjust my throttle using the cable under the assembly but it seems like it is always loosening after a ride, every few days i'll be tightening it again.

Any suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts