Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if these stickers will peel off or what? I know someone has done it before...

steve

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: God ]</p>

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
oh come on... just use a chizel and a hammer! You'll have them off in no time

hehe... use a hairdryer and your fingernail to lift up a corner. then slowly peel it off while heating. Done...

------------------
mark t's Gixxer Page

·
Registered
199 Posts
Use a hair dryer to heat the sticker. Peel it off.

Some of the other guys, I forget who, recommended 3M Adhesive, Tar & Wax Remover to get rid of the glue. I tried it and it works really well.

Hope this helps.

------------------
97 GSXR-600

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I used teh "Goo Gone" which claims to be non-abrasive and it worked great. It especially worked nice on the ones I had on my frame with the really stubborn glue. As far as the stickers I used a heat gun on low which is probably about the same as a hair dryer, just be really careful like everyone said, if you heat it too much you get a nice shiny spot... and that's best case! I learned that lesson watching a friend remove them on his snowmobile.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
139 Posts
3m adhesive remover doesn't work on Suzuki stickers, use the goo gone. Its the best shit to use, I removed all my stickers when painting and that is the best stuff to use to get the adhesive glue off.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't mind the srad sticker but I just want my bike a little different. I really like what hunter did with the sticker. But I think I might just go with all black for the back.

I guess I will try the hair dryer. And then get some goo gone for the rest of it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i used a hair dryer and lots of patience as stickers never come off in 1 piece (more like 1000). i took off all of those stupid factory warning stickers). then grab you some goo-b-gone and you won't even be able to tell there were stickers there.

if it's on the gas tank, you'll need to give it a fresh wax job after applying the goo-b-gone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need a couple good finger naills, hair dryer to try and take em off in one piece, and goo-b-gone for when they all come off in thousands of bits and pieces.:crying

The goo-b-gone didn't damage my paint on the plastic or tank.

·
Banned
3,512 Posts
Phinsup said:
I used teh "Goo Gone" which claims to be non-abrasive and it worked great. It especially worked nice on the ones I had on my frame with the really stubborn glue. As far as the stickers I used a heat gun on low which is probably about the same as a hair dryer, just be really careful like everyone said, if you heat it too much you get a nice shiny spot... and that's best case! I learned that lesson watching a friend remove them on his snowmobile.
Good Luck!

"Goo Gone" is the shit it works on so many things.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hair dryer and a drivers license works well, unless you like burning your fingers. Then use duck tape to get the goo off while it's still warm, then alcohol for the rest. Still took about 45min to get them off the tank and polish it to new.:eek:hmy

·
Registered
652 Posts
Don't ever use a heat gun.. too hot! My idiot know-it-all buddy talked me into it and almost ruined my fairing :mad ..

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it's a painted surface, a little gasoline or lighter fluid will take the sticker and adhesive right off.

·
What? I have 3 testicles?
1,575 Posts
Also, I didn't have any GooBgone with me, but tried alcohol after getting the sticker portion off to get the adhesive, and didn't work too well...

Used WD40. This stuff works wonders. Little wax on the spot and I'm good to go.

Took the warning sticker off the gas tank on my new 06' GSXR6.

Mike

·
Registered
180 Posts
i find the less heat/more muscle i use teh less adhesive is left behind. and the remainder can be cleaned with goo gone.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Lil4cyl said:
Also, I didn't have any GooBgone with me, but tried alcohol after getting the sticker portion off to get the adhesive, and didn't work too well...

Used WD40. This stuff works wonders. Little wax on the spot and I'm good to go.

Took the warning sticker off the gas tank on my new 06' GSXR6.

Mike

WD40 works- it also shines tyres!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts