Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i think this might be the reason my bike is running rich. i had to pull the sensors off a 600 throttle body and install them on my 750. i was unaware at the time that they had to be a specific way. can someone give me the instructions as to how i am suppose to install the sensors.

im not talking about undo bolt and redo bolt. i believe there is an adjustment with both the TPS and STPS

thanks

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,784 Posts
Primary is set through dealer mode and the secondary should read 1.6K Ohms across the outside 2 pins with the secondaries fully closed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Primary is set through dealer mode and the secondary should read 1.6K Ohms across the outside 2 pins with the secondaries fully closed.
how do i check this though because this is the last thing left before i can get the bike running. i need more indepth tutorial PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill even paypal you if you want :shifty

·
Has tiny penis.....still acts like a big dick.
321 Posts
you need a dealer mode switch, if you don't have one there's tutrials to make one on here.
in dealer mode you will see a C00 on the bottom right of your speedo with a small horizontal dash next to it.
_C00 is set to low
-C00 is set correct.
C00 is too high , with the dash at he top of the C.
sorry couldn't find a dash to go at the top of the C.

loosen the torx screw holding the tps sensor , then manually adjust the TPS to set this correctly and retighten the torx screw.
done.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you need a dealer mode switch, if you don't have one there's tutrials to make one on here.
in dealer mode you will see a C00 on the bottom right of your speedo with a small horizontal dash next to it.
_C00 is set to low
-C00 is set correct.
C00 is too high , with the dash at he top of the C.
sorry couldn't find a dash to go at the top of the C.

loosen the torx screw holding the tps sensor , then manually adjust the TPS to set this correctly and retighten the torx screw.
done.

uhh yah it would be easier if i had a cluster panel which i do not have currently. i read something about ohm settings. what are the ohm settings for each one?

·
321 Posts
sorry can't answer that.:confused
My suggestion would be get a multimeter and check the Ohms coming from the sensor and use the middle of the three readings.
I've only ever done it with the speedo, (cluster)
cheers.

·
14,784 Posts
Get the RED R and you can download the shop manual....just a thought.
BS... there are no shop manual available anymore.
I don't know of the actual values for the primary sensor. If you can catch someone in a benevolent mood, they can back their idle all the way out (hard close). Take a fully closed reading off the primary for you. The secondaries is real simple. Keep the key off. Unplug the sensor. Close the secondaries all the way by hand. And then adjust the sensor to 1.6k Ohms taking your reading off the outside 2 pins.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BS... there are no shop manual available anymore.
I don't know of the actual values for the primary sensor. If you can catch someone in a benevolent mood, they can back their idle all the way out (hard close). Take a fully closed reading off the primary for you. The secondaries is real simple. Keep the key off. Unplug the sensor. Close the secondaries all the way by hand. And then adjust the sensor to 1.6k Ohms taking your reading off the outside 2 pins.
will someone help me do that. im running out of cash so i can afford to take it to a shop. im a 17 year old high school student who had to rebuild his bike. ive rebuilt the entire thing on my own and now this is about all i have left. ill pay you like $10-15 if you can get me readings off of your bike. :hammer

thanks
khalid

·
14,784 Posts
Find somebody local and see if you can get them to loan you their gauge cluster just long enough to get it set. Hell, they could ride their bike to your garage/shop, pull it off, hook it up to your bike and 5 minutes later, you're done. Back on their bike it goes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Find somebody local and see if you can get them to loan you their gauge cluster just long enough to get it set. Hell, they could ride their bike to your garage/shop, pull it off, hook it up to your bike and 5 minutes later, you're done. Back on their bike it goes.
well my bike wont run worth shit to make it to a shop. i dont ahve any way to take it to a shop either. i have an ohm meter so if someone can get me those numbers id be done with this ordeal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok see heres the ohm readings from my multimeter. im rotating the sensor all the way to one side. then all the way to the other. its not showing me .6 during any of the movement from the sensor.

see wtf is wrong with my shit. theres the tools im using. so feel free to tell me to try anything else that you think may work.

·
321 Posts
I think the best way to do it while its connected to the bike.
adjust the tps all the way up and take the readings of closed throttle and full throttle. then adjust the tps to the lowest placement, take the readings again at full & closed.
adjust the tps to about middle and do the same again.
you should have 3 high readings and 3 low readings at each of the high and low ranges.Take the median of between these readings and then equate that to a middle setting. set the TPS to this and see how you go.
Theres not that much adjustment available, if the bike doesn't run when this is only slightly out of range I suspect something else may be wrong.
If you get a cluster this process would be easier and also any other error code would come up if something else is causing your problems, on board diagnosis - you gotta love it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
nice mouse pad...

pshhh....bbb...

i sent you a link to a cluster for sale. you might want to not be impatient and get the cluster and do it right. its better than screwing up andregretting.

·
14,784 Posts
ok see heres the ohm readings from my multimeter. im rotating the sensor all the way to one side. then all the way to the other. its not showing me .6 during any of the movement from the sensor.

<images removed>

see wtf is wrong with my shit. theres the tools im using. so feel free to tell me to try anything else that you think may work.
Listening to me might work. The correct setting for the secondary TPS is 1.6k Ohms (the sensor in the upper right of the pictures). The manual's 0.6k is a misprint.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Listening to me might work. The correct setting for the secondary TPS is 1.6k Ohms (the sensor in the upper right of the pictures). The manual's 0.6k is a misprint.
awh man wtf...the .6 in the manual is a misprint? what kinda BS is that

well i can adjust the STPSto 1.6 then. so that is taken care of. what about the TPS. what are the ohm readings for that?

·
Registered
33 Posts
awh man wtf...the .6 in the manual is a misprint? what kinda BS is that

well i can adjust the STPSto 1.6 then. so that is taken care of. what about the TPS. what are the ohm readings for that?
i think the manual also misprint for the reading of the TPS . But if TPS is set to spec. the display panel will show _C00 .That the confuse part.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts