Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i know if i have a steering damper or not? I have a j model 750. I've heard guys talkin bout them an sayin never to ride w/o em but i jus bought my bike and my buddy told me the old skool bikes dont got em?? Is he wrong?? thanx 4 the replys

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Look on your forks...if there's a piston operated device mounted perpendicular to the forks on one end and the frame on the other ...you have a damper.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I dunno `bout the j-model 750, but the k-model 1100 came with an OEM one right off the showroom floor. The guy who had my bike before me tossed the damn thing, it was prolly shot anyway. There are a lot of aftermarket ones out there and it's pretty simple to mount em even if they aren't the OEM kind. I replaced mine today. They do make parking-lot maneuvering a little unpleasant sometimes, but worth their weight in gold when you get a tank-slapper because you *don't* have one. Food for thought.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Glad you put a damper back on it Fastcat. I would probably be stuffed in a hedge somehwere if it weren't for mine.
If you've got a damper hanging between your forkleg and chassis you will know so I guess as you can't see one you aint got one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts